PDA

View Full Version : TR in California

fireandice
Jan. 5, 2011, 10:06 PM
Hi, I've recently moved to Central CA, where would I look for a good event trainer?

ch_sadie
Jan. 5, 2011, 10:13 PM
Where are you located in Ca?

Jan. 5, 2011, 11:05 PM
yes, where are you located? "central" ca can mean about 5+ hours in any one direction

fireandice
Jan. 5, 2011, 11:50 PM
Sacramento Area...ish :)

msghook
Jan. 6, 2011, 12:46 AM
Can you be more specific that Sacramentoish? I've lived there and you could be talking about a 3 hour round trip if you're hauling in for lessons.

Malcolm

Eventing Strong
Jan. 6, 2011, 01:06 AM
Malcom's the one to know all of the trainers! He's the announcer at most of the shows and knows everyone

fireandice
Jan. 6, 2011, 01:11 AM
Thank you! I'm in the Jackson area...South of Sacramento

JumpingBug
Jan. 6, 2011, 03:37 AM
Earl and Jenny are pretty close to you at Dragon Fire

http://dragonfiremorgans.com/schedule.php

I would also call your location nor-cal not central cal ;-)

There is another trainer near Folsom Lake and more near UCD

Jan. 6, 2011, 10:51 AM
There are a few event trainers up in the Davis area that I know of.

Holly Fox

Chris Scarlett

You're reasonably close to Rancho Murieta, and IIRC there are clinics up there on a regular basis.

If you'd like more info send me a PM.

EventKid
Jan. 6, 2011, 12:22 PM
Are you looking for boarding with training, or just coaching at shows? Lessons at home? What are your competition goals for this year?

Might help narrow your search field.

Watermark Farm
Jan. 6, 2011, 02:45 PM
Earl McFall in Wilton. My daughters clinic with him every year and I'm always impressed with his work.

old eventer
Jan. 6, 2011, 06:09 PM
Earl and Jenny his wife, are both super nice people, v down to earth. i would recommend them highly.

Infinite DF
Jan. 7, 2011, 12:58 PM
Yes! Go to Dragonfire. I've ridden with them for about 7 years. They are a great team. Earl and Jenny compliment each other's talents extremely well. It is a positive and fun place to be. They helped me take my ex-polo pony to the one star level. They are realistic and safe in goal setting as well. I live 1 1/2 hrs away, and the trailer ride is always worth it! BTW - their facility is beautiful and has excellent footing.