PDA

View Full Version : WEG DVD

yellowbritches
Jan. 4, 2011, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if anyone in the UK or in Europe did a DVD from WEG? The US made one we got SUCKS. I realized today how little of xc they actually got- half the dressage leader's round, most of Buck, Phillip, and Becky's but nothing of Boyd or Karen, only some of WFP and Cool Mountain but no other UK rider, who WON, some of Michael Jung's, and the last fence or two on a couple of others! And they didn't even show the top 20 in show jumping...haven't watched the dressage. The UK always seems to make great DVDs...anyone know a source?

EventingMEF
Jan. 4, 2011, 11:01 PM
wow... did you buy yours on dover? hmm I just bought it (idk what nationality, ill assume USA) and am maybe thinking of returning it before opening it now! yikes!

fitzwilliam
Jan. 4, 2011, 11:17 PM
i got mine from the Sport House, located in Lake Placid. There are 2 cross country DVDs that show every ride but no commentary, however you can hear the announcers. The complete set of every ride D/XC/SJ is a little over $100.0

Aelfleah Farm
Jan. 5, 2011, 12:08 AM
I got the 3 DVD "Highlight" package from Sport House (one disc each of dressage, eventing, and showjumping). Not impressed.

Wished I had just gotten the eventing "daily competition" DVD's. But I was hoping the highlights would show enough of the eventing, plus get to see the dressage freestyles and Hickstead's kick butt last jumping rounds.

Regal Grace
Jan. 5, 2011, 12:29 AM
Does anyone know if anyone in the UK or in Europe did a DVD from WEG? The US made one we got SUCKS. I realized today how little of xc they actually got- half the dressage leader's round, most of Buck, Phillip, and Becky's but nothing of Boyd or Karen, only some of WFP and Cool Mountain but no other UK rider, who WON, some of Michael Jung's, and the last fence or two on a couple of others! And they didn't even show the top 20 in show jumping...haven't watched the dressage. The UK always seems to make great DVDs...anyone know a source?

Yup I have to agree with you YB. When I first viewed it I thought I had a defective tape. When I viewed the XC portion....I could not believe that's all there was. I was happy they showed Becky and Comet but given she did not make it to SJ as did Boyd and Karen yet no XC footage of them left me perplexed. And yeh only ONE UK RIDER shown (WFP)....Jeez the friggin UK team won the gold medal!!! I figured with 120 minutes they advertised for the WEG Eventing DVD they would be able to show substantial highlights of the top riders and teams. It was a real let down. I would not recommend purchasing the tape. Maybe in a year or two when it's discounted substantially.

nomeolvides
Jan. 5, 2011, 06:28 AM
Equestrian Vision (http://www.equestrianvisionshop.co.uk/acatalog/New_Releases.html) has a WEG DVD.

yellowbritches
Jan. 5, 2011, 11:13 AM
Very disappointing. It did not come from Dover, but our local tack shop. I'll have to look at who did it, but I'm assuming Dover and our shop would have the same suppliers for those things.

I kept seeing what I thought were the same few rides, then wandering away to do something else. The other day, I sat to watch "what I hadn't seen" only to find out that what I hadn't seen was like two riders jumping that last fence before they moved on to show jumping. :no: