PDA

View Full Version : thedigitalhorse.com anyone subscribe?

Petstorejunkie
Jan. 4, 2011, 12:58 AM
I'm not the best at reading the test and visualizing it. I found this on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMe4cehVFds
SO awesome! So I went to their site and they want $100 a year :eek: :( not so awesome
but you can pay $25 for just one level... :/ mildly not awesome.

Is anyone here a member? Have you found it's worth it?
I noticed you can view tests for free for a month, and was curious if you can download them during that grace period, but am too chicken to try it til I'm ready to devote time to memorizing in case I can't keep them.

oldernewbie
Jan. 4, 2011, 09:52 AM
I don't have a subscription - I just buy the tests for $5 each. They are an excellent visualization and well worth the money. I couldn't make any sense out of the new tests - just reading each of the movements doesn't get it for me. Strange because normally I'm not a visual learner, but for the dressage tests - their graphics really help.

Sorry I can't give an opinion about the rest of the package, but I do like what they've done to document the tests themselves.

KatherineC
Jan. 4, 2011, 10:15 AM
I really like how they lay out the tests. Plus they provide the judges sheet so you can see what the judge is looking for.

Petstorejunkie
Jan. 4, 2011, 11:16 AM
the individual tests... i'm assuming they are just the PDF document
I'm wondering if the $25 for a level gets you the animated videos for each?

oldernewbie
Jan. 4, 2011, 11:52 AM
Why don't you contact them for more information? I've had some minor problems with the site and each time I email they have been more than helpful. I'm sure they'd help you figure out what you want to do.

ButterflyIris
Jan. 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
It's not as professional - but when I was looking for visual examples of how a test was ridden, I just went to youtube and typed First level test one - or whatever and found plenty of examples.

ridingarts
Jan. 4, 2011, 04:52 PM
Past subscriber - I will be subscribing again to get the new tests. I love their various ways of presenting the tests - I print them out and keep them in a notebook for all the relevant levels. GREAT for helping to memorize your tests, IMO - as they diagram the test movement by movement - so it's easier to visualize the test as you learn & memorize it.

Pretty sure they also have the USEA tests on there, too...