PDA

View Full Version : Classic High Rider Dress Boots

Coyoteco
Jan. 2, 2011, 11:27 PM
TOTD has a sale on these. Are they a good boot for dressage?
If so, do they run large or small -since they don't have half sizes?
Does the foot run narrow or wide?
Thanks.

alto
Jan. 2, 2011, 11:58 PM
MH tends to fit wider than Ariat in both foot & calf measurements, their regular height is also a little shorter than Ariat tall boots; foot length seems about the same.

Note that the size chart for the Classic Boot on the TOTD site is a little different than that listed on MH's site so these are likely older stock http://mountainhorseusa.net/spring_classic_dress_boot.html

Coyoteco
Jan. 3, 2011, 01:20 AM
MH tends to fit wider than Ariat in both foot & calf measurements, their regular height is also a little shorter than Ariat tall boots; foot length seems about the same.

Note that the size chart for the Classic Boot on the TOTD site is a little different than that listed on MH's site so these are likely older stock http://mountainhorseusa.net/spring_classic_dress_boot.html

Oh, thanks so much! Comparing then to Ariats were perfect for me. A main thing though, and one that I didn't mention, was a concern about height. I am between a tall and a medium in an Ariat, so would definitely need a tall in this boot and those are not available at totd.

Thanks!

paintlady
Jan. 3, 2011, 10:02 AM
These are my dressage show boots. I haven't owned another brand of tall boots, so I can't really compare there. I'm 5'8" and the regular heigh/calf work just fine for me. I wear a size 8 - average width - and find that the boots run true to size.

MysticOakRanch
Jan. 3, 2011, 10:52 AM
I have a pair of Classic High Riders and LOVE them. They are a bit different then the normal MH boots - narrower and taller in the leg. I tried a pair of 7Rs in the Ariat Maestro, and they were a bit too short - the Classic HR in a 7 was just right (a bit taller then the Ariat, at least a 1/2 inch, maybe more), and about the same through the calf. They run a bit wide in the foot, which works well for my foot. They also hold up well - including the zipper. Yeah, I kicked myself when I saw the TOTD sale - I don't NEED another pair, but at that price, was tempted...

The High Riders in the "tall" (long) are really tall! I have a pair that I bought a few years ago at the VTO sale, and they are too tall for me (and since on sale, not returnable).

Coyoteco
Jan. 3, 2011, 12:22 PM
Thank you. I saw this at 19 past noon Eastern Time:)

It ended at noon, of course - so that took some pressure to decide off, I guess.

I appreciate both posts.

Thanks!!

atouchofclass
Jan. 3, 2011, 02:23 PM
No more MH on sale ???? Anywhere????

Maybe it would be a good idea to post the addresses of any mountain horse sales going on... I just know there must be some !

alto
Jan. 3, 2011, 10:56 PM
The last I checked, TOTD had quite a few sizes left so watch for a return of these boots on another day :)

No more MH on sale ???? Anywhere????

http://www.classicsaddlery.com/closeouts/pessoaweatherbeeta.htm

paintlady
Jan. 4, 2011, 09:07 AM
The last I checked, TOTD had quite a few sizes left so watch for a return of these boots on another day :)

Or, it could just be that they were ordering directly from MH and were not limited to what stock they had on-hand. If that is the case, then I doubt they'll be popping up on TOTD anytime soon.

nhwr
Jan. 4, 2011, 10:32 AM
I bought a pair and it is all your fault! :lol:

n2dressage
Jan. 4, 2011, 02:25 PM
::cough cough::... I have an unneeded pair....:winkgrin:

Coyoteco
Jan. 4, 2011, 08:01 PM
Oh, it's no biggie either way.
nhwr, I'm glad you got some! Let us know how you like themt.
n2dressage, can I pick them up at your place? lol Actually, my daughter was in Berlin and Dresden last week! :) feel free to pm me the details.

Coyoteco
Jan. 4, 2011, 08:10 PM
Alto's link has pretty much the same deal. I just looked at it.

I appreciate all the posts in the thread. Earlier I said "two posts" when I meant "three posts" .

Thanks everyone.

nhwr
Jan. 12, 2011, 11:16 PM
Got my boots today.

Beautiful, square toed boots and fit is really nice!

Beentheredonethat
Jan. 12, 2011, 11:48 PM
They're good boots for showing because they have a good look and the high side. My issue is the *^%^%% zipper breaks and won't stay up. I use black electrical tape to make them stay up. Other than that, they're a good looking, reasonably priced boot.