PDA

View Full Version : Dressage coat for the big busted

coymackerel
Jan. 2, 2011, 11:27 PM
Looking for suggestions for a dressage coat for a plus size rider where most of the plus in on top - boobs and shoulders :rolleyes:. Something $200 or less would be wonderful.

Pookah
Jan. 3, 2011, 06:17 AM
I don't have a specific brand recommendation, but I would suggest in any brand getting something that fits on top, and just planning to spend some of your $200 budget on alterations--you will be much happier with the end result.

rprincess73
Jan. 3, 2011, 09:51 AM
RJ Classics coats are great. They are reasonable in cost and some of them are the ones that you can throw into the wash and dryer:) I am a 36DD and wear the size 16 coat. My waist is a 34...so I had it taken in a bit to be more contoured.

Fuller Fillies has coats - but only "hunt" (3 button).

Here is the website for RJ Classics.

http://www.rjclassics.com/dyn_prodlist.php?k=149920

BetterOffRed
Jan. 3, 2011, 11:11 AM
I think a good tailor would be your friend in this situation.

Pony Fixer
Jan. 3, 2011, 04:22 PM
My larger busted friend just got a Pikeur Jalisca. It zips, rather than buttons, so there are no "gaps". It's a bit fashion forward, but I think it's fabulous!

Tanyanoel
Jan. 3, 2011, 05:12 PM
You may have to google Tuff rider dressage coat to find one, but I have had a few of them and I am very 'chesty'. They are under $200 and stay very clean at the shows, I would recommend re-inforcing the buttons on this or any coat when you have a large bust as it tends to er, uh, bounce the buttons right off over time :)

retrofit
Jan. 4, 2011, 11:40 AM
Ditto the tailor. I just had my ancient Pikeur coat taken in at the waist + sleeves shortened (long overdue) for $45. Perfectly done & well worth it.