PDA

View Full Version : Nominate your word to retire for 2011...dressage related, Natch!

BetterOffRed
Jan. 2, 2011, 05:49 PM
Mine is "Classical" as in "classical dressage" or "classical European training"

I've started to cringe and run in fear when ever I hear these words coming out of anybody's mouth when talking horses or dressage. Most recently, I've heard this word being used by people that are the 'furthest' from classically trained or otherwise. I think it is just the new 'buzz' word or something.

So anyway, nomiate your word.

shawneeAcres
Jan. 2, 2011, 06:04 PM
Rollkur! Sick of the whole discussion!

Gallop~on~Grant
Jan. 2, 2011, 06:57 PM
If I hear "leg yield to the wall" one more time I am going to slit my wrists...

katarine
Jan. 2, 2011, 07:37 PM
Manifest :)

Sitting Deep :)

Behind the 8 Ball
Jan. 2, 2011, 07:50 PM
" I can't"

"Frame"

and I second "Rollkur" enough already

Velvet
Jan. 3, 2011, 11:44 AM
"Core" (I've always hated this term as a catch all for the muscles in the middle of your body--be more specific, please!). Then there's rollkur, hyperflexion and LDR makes me want to vomit since it's the same darn thing!! How about just calling it, ugling up a horse? At least when you're doing it, everyone has to admit it is NOT pretty and the horses do not look good.

NJRider
Jan. 3, 2011, 12:02 PM
Get Him Rounder, More Bend, or anything where the desired result is shouted with no explanation of how/when/etc

ToN Farm
Jan. 3, 2011, 12:20 PM
"Core" (I've always hated this term as a catch all for the muscles in the middle of your body--be more specific, please!). Darn, you beat me to it. I really, really hate that term 'core'.

raff
Jan. 3, 2011, 12:57 PM
I hate people saying 'correct' I always think 'yeah, like you know' (yes i'm a bitch!)

HollysHobbies
Jan. 3, 2011, 01:23 PM
ToRtillas. lol

Petstorejunkie
Jan. 3, 2011, 01:54 PM
I'll go with classical
it's starting to make me cringe like "natural horsemanship" does