PDA

View Full Version : Trainers near eastern WV

spots1
Dec. 31, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hi list,

I am looking for a dressage trainer to travel to my place (Shepherdstown) once a month for a single lesson. I know most don't like traveling unless they have a full day of lessons, but I can't find any dressage trainers in my area or that will travel :(

gailbyrd
Jan. 5, 2011, 12:50 PM
Try Christine Betz

http://www.ehhorsemanship.com/

She travels to Hagerstown. Or if you have a trailer, you may be able to go the the facility in Hagerstown for your lesson (they have an indoor so weather is not a huge problem)

Belg
Jan. 5, 2011, 02:44 PM
My wife Kirsten (ThatHorse) is up in Shepherdstown at least once a week usually, we're based out of Kearneysville/Leetown. Our website's in my sig... feel free to poke around & email or PM her if you're interested.

RooMB4
Jan. 5, 2011, 04:33 PM
BELG -Just an FYI...your web domain expired on 1/2/11....needs to be renewed. :)

Belg
Jan. 5, 2011, 09:29 PM
BELG -Just an FYI...your web domain expired on 1/2/11....needs to be renewed. :)

Well now, that's modestly embarrassing... fixed, may take a little bit for the DNS to change back over. It's renewed though :=)

thanks!

TouchstoneAcres
Jan. 6, 2011, 07:53 PM
We usually have lessons once or twice a month here in Kearneysville.

blackhorsegirl
Jan. 7, 2011, 08:30 AM
How close are you to Winchester? There's an instructor there who will travel.

spots1
Jan. 7, 2011, 12:32 PM
How close are you to Winchester? There's an instructor there who will travel.

I'm around 30-40 mintues from there. Thanks!

Don Raphaelo Rollkurista
Jan. 7, 2011, 03:04 PM
I have a question for the OP. Does the facility in Martinsburg built by Mary Rose in the late 70's that was called Whitings Neck Equestrian Center still operate? I took my first dressage lessons on the Instructors course there from Mary in 1978. Hung around a cool bar with a great open mike night in Shepherdstown called the 1872 club also there back in the day. Just curious when I read your post. Thanks!

blackhorsegirl
Jan. 8, 2011, 09:50 PM
PM me and I can get the info to you.

Synrgystyk
Jan. 10, 2011, 03:23 PM
spots1,

I tried PMing you but you're not set to accept PMs apparently. Anyway, what level of instruction are you looking for? Are you willing/able to travel at all? What are your goals? What facilities do you have available (indoor?) in case of inclement weather?

There are a few instructors who are in or travel to the general Shepherdstown area. But it'd be easier to hook you up if you provided a bit more information.... :yes: (And changing your preferences to accept PMs might not be a bad idea either. :))

Lorree

PS: Don Raphaelo Rollkurista: Yes, the facility Mary Rose started still exists. It went through several incarnations, but is now again called Whitings Neck Equestrian Center and focuses on beginner h/j.

Don Raphaelo Rollkurista
Jan. 10, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks Syn!

blackhorsegirl
Jan. 11, 2011, 12:20 PM
Spots1. We don't know how to reach you.