PDA

View Full Version : Speak to me of horse trailer tank/pump/sprayer setups.

Hunter's Rest
Dec. 29, 2010, 02:50 PM
My b.f. (bless his soul) has given me an IOU for a water sprayer/pump/thingy for my trailer for Xmas!!
I've long seen and admired them but never really pay attention to what they are, what's best, what I need, etc.
I'd love some free-association information please.
Details: I have a 4h gn with tackroom but I use every bit of the tackroom for, well, tack and whatnot so I imagine the under-gn tank might be best. I think I'd want it to hook up to the truck battery (can they do that?) for a pump to get water to spray out. I cannot conceive of a time that I'd need the water/sprayer that the truck would not be hooked up to the trailer. (The Taylor Boyz guy in Warrenton told me that's why people get a separate battery-power hookup - so they can use the water pump even if hte truck has gone off elsewhere. This just won't happen in my case.)
I often have a full load of horses going hunting, or to a show, or trail ride, or whatever, and would love to have the ability to spray them off. I can envision filling the tank with warm water (hot?) before I go to whatever event and then having a warm water bath. I do *not* think I'd need this/want this in the dead of winter so a non-freezing setup is not necessary (if its even a possibility.)
Discuss. : o )

hosspuller
Dec. 29, 2010, 06:02 PM
I have a water tank in the bed of the truck. If I need more water, I can fill the tank without dragging the trailer too.

jazzrider
Dec. 29, 2010, 06:05 PM
I was going to suggest a truck bed tank too. It's very handy, and if you're like us and on a well, it allows you to take it and fill with emergency water when your power is out without having to hook up the horse trailer.

Tom King
Dec. 29, 2010, 06:16 PM
Google search for RV water systems and you should be able to find everything you need without much problem. The RV water pumps only operate on demand, so it will only run when you have a faucet or hose nozzle running.

http://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/product_info.php?cPath=842_161&products_id=11881

Tanks come in all shapes and sizes, and you can even have them made to fit an unsual space. I wouldn't have a separate battery either if I didn't need it.

http://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/index.php?cPath=842