PDA

View Full Version : Anyone riding on GGT footing?

justonemore
Dec. 29, 2010, 02:16 PM
How do you like it?

Did you install it yourself - and if so, how difficult was it to get it mixed evenly with your sand? Which "blend" of GGT are you using and what type of sand did you use?

I have a sample of the dressage blend and I mixed it with some dry sand. The felt pieces seem to want to come to the top allowing the sand to settle to the bottom. Maybe if the mixture was damp it wouldn't do this...but I'm wondering if the jumping blend would stay together better and end up being less maintenance.

Any experiences? Likes/dislikes? Do you find that you need to water less vs. using just sand alone?

aikenhorses
Dec. 30, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hi
I would be happy to answer your questions.Feel free to email me at ggt@polysols.com
the geo textiles must be kept wet with the sand at approximately a 12% moisture level.
The jumping blend has more short cut fibers than the dressage which helps hold the sand together..but both products must be watered.
The footing textiles are great ,but do require aproper arena maintainence and a watering system .
www.ggt-footing.com

cynthia keating
864-804-0011:winkgrin:

justonemore
Dec. 30, 2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks aikenhorses - I was sort of hoping to get feedback from consumers who have used it as opposed to someone who sells it. :)

If it "must be kept wet", does that mean it won't work in cold climates? (where temps may stay below freezing for weeks at a time)

aikenhorses
Dec. 31, 2010, 11:32 AM
the best sand is a silica sand blend..we sell a huge amount to canada and new england.
freezing temperatures,the arena needs to be maintained in any weather so the arena maintenace alone make the surface rideable.
Its much better than straight sand for the benefit of the horses joints..

also feel free to check out the face book post....of several installations across the country

justonemore
Dec. 31, 2010, 12:15 PM
Thank you for your help. Since nothing stays wet at below freezing temperatures, it sounds like this is probably not a good option for me.