PDA

View Full Version : EquiTests iPhone / iPod Touch App?

jn4jenny
Dec. 29, 2010, 02:14 PM
Wondered if anyone had bought this yet and wanted to share a review. I'm intrigued but not sure I'm willing to pay $9.99 for it. Would especially love feedback on the recording test/diagram features.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/usef-equitests-3-2011-dressage/id401109124?mt=8#

Aelfleah Farm
Dec. 29, 2010, 02:42 PM
Have it (actually have the Dressage and eventing apps, plus the Intro test app). I like the diagram part - thats about the only feature I use. I use it mostly when calling tests for my kids. Haven't tried recording a test. The diagrams are pretty good - show "ghost images" of the movement right before and the next movement, which I really like.

TheBarnRules
Dec. 29, 2010, 03:22 PM
I am going to buy them and try them - I know folks that swear by them. I hesitate though because I find it really distracting to have someone read a test, but thought they'd be handy to have for times when I'm waiting and have nothing else to do at hand.

I received a flyer for these books yesterday and thought they sounded interesting:

"Each book contains the latest version of each test including complete movements with directive ideas, collective marks with definitions, graphic illustrations of each test movement and a key for the graphic icons."

http://www.dressageillustrated.com/books.htm

I'm a visual learner and another rider I know has used the books and said they are very helpful, especially for visual learners.

ideayoda
Dec. 29, 2010, 04:11 PM
The Ipad/Iphone app has not only the written test, but diagrams, and the ability to record them. The USEF app has tests from tr-4th, the USDF app has the w/t tests, and the FEI has their own apps as well (for FEI tests/yr tests/etc). It is totally worth it imho.

Velvet
Dec. 29, 2010, 04:36 PM
FWIW - Equiapps is the creator.

I have the 2011 tests and think it's the best thing for visual learners. I tend to doodle arenas and practice the tests nearly the same way they draw them out. I really like it and it's well worth the $10.

ideayoda
Dec. 29, 2010, 04:42 PM
AND they also do 'equitempo' for matching bpm!

SerenaGinger
Dec. 29, 2010, 07:37 PM
EquiSketch is only $4.99.

You write in the tests yourself, so when new tests come out in a few years you don't have to buy another ap. This is also good to learn the tests, and you can put in any USDF, USEF, or FEI test you want. Plus you can create freestyles on it, and it works for the iPad, not just an enlarged, fuzzy version 2x from the iPhone version.

Tanyanoel
Jan. 1, 2011, 11:48 PM
Love the app, very useful and has animated tests so you can watch it as you learn it. Very nice to have them all on hand to review at a moments notice or to help learn tests when you are waiting somewhere.

TropicalStorm
Jan. 2, 2011, 05:31 PM
I'm getting it today!