View Full Version : Repairs for Millcreek Spreader

Dec. 29, 2010, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know where I could take my spreader for repairs in northern VA? It is a pto Millcreek and the chain is broken. One of the bars that push the manure is half broken off the chain, so it needs to be replaced or the whole chain replaced.

Dec. 29, 2010, 12:12 PM
The Kubota dealer in Manassas (I assume Warrenton and others) sells them and I'm sure probably services them as well. The Manassas Dealer comes out to our house for ours if he can do it on site. They have a great guy that does the road work. I always get an estimate up front.

Dec. 29, 2010, 09:12 PM
Well, it's not as dire as you might think.

1) You could probably find a mobile welder person to come out and reweld that one

2) Though trials and tribulations, you can actually lose a few of the cross bars before the world explodes. In that is the case, just remove the side that is attached.

3) I bought a new apron chain assembly for mine, and it was $400 shipped to the door. Relatively easy to put on, hammer and a ratchet strap.

This place sells American made ones (I was impressed with the quality).

Another source:

Cold Spring Farm
Dec. 30, 2010, 07:38 AM
I don't have his number offhand.... But Ron Fox at Sharp Blades does all kinds of mobile repair work. He is in Round Hill....check out his website.

The guy who makes my hay also does this type of work. I can pm you his name and number if you like.

Dec. 30, 2010, 08:30 AM
This is the second cross bar to come off, so I've asked hubby to get the other side off. The first one came off cleanly. So eventually I'll have to replace the entire chain. Thanks for the links.