PDA

View Full Version : Tires - F350 dually

katyb
Dec. 28, 2010, 11:12 AM
Any suggestions? It's a horse trailer towing only vehicle, so I hate to spend a fortune, but I don't want it to be noisy or hydroplaning all over either. It's a 2008, 4wd.

Tom King
Dec. 28, 2010, 11:35 AM
I just put a set of Michelin LTX MS2 on my dually. The set before was made for Sears by Michelin that are now discontinued. I put 105,000 on that set and would have bought another if they were still available.

The LTX MS2's are quieter and smoother with what looks like decent traction, but I haven't tried them out for traction yet-don't want to put the truck on the road with brine down.

My only complaint is that these new tires pick up small rocks so easily. I make sure I drive slowly until they all sling off-which doesn't take long, but I never had that problem with the previous set.

draftdriver
Dec. 28, 2010, 01:55 PM
The fellows up here seem to want 10 ply tires on their towing vehicles. I have no idea what they cost, but I would suspect that they are expensive.

jcotton
Dec. 28, 2010, 05:30 PM
Plan on having good quality tires on your horse hauling vehicle. It is worth the $$ for peace of mind.

I will be getting new tires for my dually with in the next few months --all 6 tires!!!
Probably will be one of these brands.... Michelin, General or Continental --have had all 3 different brands on this truck. Been happy with all--will see what is available when I purchase.

tasia
Dec. 28, 2010, 06:15 PM
I own a tire company and replace a lot of horse transport tires. Over the years tires have changed a lot, but I have found Firestone Transforce HT tires to not only have a long life and a smoth reliable ride, but be very reasonable in price. We personaly run them on our 01' F350 and trailer for the last 5 years with no problems what so ever.

Posted by Tasia's SO

katyb
Dec. 29, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the info. We're shopping....

Almost Heaven
Dec. 29, 2010, 07:09 PM
Agree on Michelins. Don't skimp on tires - spend the most you can afford & compensate elsewhere.

If you're not going offroad, highly recommend road tires rather than all-weather more aggressive treads.