PDA

View Full Version : Dressage sale barns in Souteast

rabicon
Dec. 27, 2010, 10:40 PM
I've been gone from here for a while. Having a lot going on around the barn. Had to put down my 36 year old 2 weeks ago, found out my show horse has EPM, my daughter doesn't want to ride anymore and so her pony is just hanging out now and about to have to put our 34 year old down :( Been a rough few months. Not to mention this new found fear I have of getting on horses since I haven't ridden really in about 8months because of surgery and epm. ughhhh So I've treated my guy with marquis etc.. but decided its not worth the chance of it coming back with trying to show him etc... SO I'm on the search for a new dressage horse. I've looked everywhere!! Can't find a whole lot out ther that fits. I'm looking for dressage barns or really any barns that sale horses, doesn't matter the breed as long as its not gaited :lol: So what are some good barns in the southeast that have sale horses? Thanks

kinnip
Dec. 27, 2010, 10:55 PM
Are you interested in a show horse, or a pleasure horse? Any indication of price-range could help narrow the field.

rabicon
Dec. 27, 2010, 10:57 PM
Yep, sorry. I'm looking for a dressage horse or prospect. I'm not looking to go over 10K must be w/t/c broke but I can put the dressage training into it. Will also trail riding. Thanks

Melyni
Dec. 28, 2010, 03:43 PM
Yep, sorry. I'm looking for a dressage horse or prospect. I'm not looking to go over 10K must be w/t/c broke but I can put the dressage training into it. Will also trail riding. Thanks

I mean the South covers a lot of ground.
I know of nice priced ones in the VA area, is that close enough for you?
MW

Denali
Dec. 29, 2010, 12:41 PM
Contact Sue Cooper at Impulsion Unlimited. She usually has a good inventory of dressage horses and knows of more. Super nice person too :-)

www.impulsionunlimited.com

horsefaerie
Dec. 29, 2010, 12:47 PM
Where down south?

shawneeAcres
Dec. 29, 2010, 12:50 PM
WE offer a variety of nice horses at reasonable prices, located in NC. Please email me carrie@shawneeacres.net with what you specifically are looking for. if we don't have it, can likely point you in the right direction! I do know of a FABULOUS one in your price range!

***Oops! Sorry just realized who the OP is and that she already contacted me!

rabicon
Dec. 29, 2010, 03:41 PM
Va isn't to far if it really is a nice guy and I could get video to see hiim first. I'll talk the info if you wanna send it to me.
I'd like to stick in Ga, N.FL, NC SC TN AL and maybe Kentucky and VA. THanks

maxxtrot
Dec. 30, 2010, 08:31 PM
i might know of several in florida.

tempichange
Dec. 31, 2010, 06:44 AM
Contact Rebecca Blikslager.

capricorn
Dec. 31, 2010, 02:03 PM
Avalon Stables has a lovely 5 year old Hanoverian-Trakehner gelding in your price range. He is green broke. If you are interested, call Dean Graham at 386-365-5756. He is in North Florida.

mobilehrs
Jan. 1, 2011, 08:53 AM
Susanne Benne at Half Halt Stables-very honest and knows of a lot in the area: 321-794-1416
Marjorie Berkache, as well-586-770-2610 and Jennie Jarnstrom-407-832-2248
I've worked with all these folks and trust them completely

thatmoody
Jan. 1, 2011, 09:42 AM
If you're interested in any of Susanne's horses I can vouch for them as well - my daughter rides over there in her lessons and may have ridden one of the horses you're interested in.

princessfluffybritches
Jan. 1, 2011, 02:35 PM
Your lucky that the economy has brought the prices down.

MediaMD
Jan. 1, 2011, 04:34 PM
*Highly* recommend Karyn Becerra at Iron Horse Farm in NC. Has lovely Hanoverian stallion she competes at I 1 and a number of very nice horses in your price range that she bred and broke. Known her for 15 yrs and bought 2 horses from her that were fabulous. Her contact is 919 496-7075.

Also Diana Hoberecht in Southern Pines. Always has horses in for training and sales. contact number is 910 690-8690. Fabulous person, very honest.

**oops the stallion is Oldenburg Verband.

shawneeAcres
Jan. 1, 2011, 06:25 PM
Just emailed you Rabicon, I know of another nice WB cross gelding that would work for you, check your email!

rabicon
Jan. 3, 2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys for all the helpful numbers and pm's. Had a long day of looking yesterday and nothing really. I also wanted to say that I love warmbloods but I know my price range isn't that large. :lol: So I'm open to other breeds also. Thanks so much.

scubed
Jan. 3, 2011, 05:39 PM
www.cottonmeadowsfarm.com

www.ashmoreequestriancenter.com

www.csquarefarm.com (currently in Aiken, SC)

General listings http://www.dressagestar.com/dressage-horses-by-age-price-and-training-level/dressage-horses-priced-under-10, including horses such as: http://www.dressagestar.com/Members/rfanti/4-y-o-canadian-warmblood-sporthorse

Strictly Classical
Jan. 3, 2011, 07:36 PM
Elaine Hayes at Lake Norman Dressage (www.lkndressage.com) is a wonderful person, and an excellent trainer and instructor. I have known her many years and she is very honest and forthright in what she represents. She has a lovely mare for sale that is trained to second level I believe. She also represents other horses for sale from time to time. You she check her out.

Stacie
Jan. 3, 2011, 10:18 PM
Not to mention this new found fear I have of getting on horses since I haven't ridden really in about 8months because of surgery and epm.
I would not be surprised if some of that is from riding a horse with EPM. They can be subtly unbalanced in the beginning and this can really affect the riders confidence. You may be shocked at how a really balanced horse will help your confidence.

lvf
Jan. 5, 2011, 08:27 AM
I have sent you a PM on a young horse that I am offering for sale.

www.longviewfarm.us
home of Stibby-Me
aka Sweet Rock Solid