View Full Version : Stain Resistant Show Pads--Does such a thing exist?

Dec. 26, 2010, 01:50 PM
Hey there! This happy dressage rider got a bunch of new horse goodies for Christmas :winkgrin:, but the one thing Santa didn't leave under the tree is a new dressage pad to take to this season's shows. I'm thinking of spending some Christmas money on one, and I was hoping the COTHers could help me pick one out...

Without fail, every time I come to a dressage show with a respectably clean pad, I come home with an icky one. Call it stained/dirty/whatever, my pads end up with those black saddle/boot marks that I can't ever really wash out, along with other grime marks. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a pad that's a bit more resistant to horse show nasties... Is any fabric easier to clean/less likely to get dirty?

Thanks! :)

Dec. 26, 2010, 01:55 PM
I just got a gorgeous white Mattes fleece pad. Sprayed it with Scotchgard.

Dec. 26, 2010, 02:26 PM
YEs, spray with Scotchguard...and before you wash, spray the stains with oxiclean.

Dec. 27, 2010, 12:07 AM
yes, use Scotchguard, lots of it, then repeat after washing- remember to only put boot polish on the outside of the boots (not the side that is on the horse)

Dec. 28, 2010, 12:22 AM
do you scotch guard where the saddle goes? i worry it might make the pad slicker??

Jan. 1, 2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks all! Scotch guard and oxyclean have gone on the shopping list. ;)