PDA

View Full Version : Hott Wash for X-mas- anyone have one?

Pennywell Bay
Dec. 26, 2010, 09:42 AM
Right now I was unable to have a hot water heater put in my lower bank barn. I do have a water tank. So my father bought e the 8 gallon Hott Wash. Apparently it does not have to be hard wired, which is good.

Does anyone have any experience with it? I would have liked the 4 gallon but typical man - bigger is better. ;)

I am pysched about it, I have been wanting one for a bit. Any tips? Or something you DON'T like about it?

Rbow
Dec. 26, 2010, 11:36 AM
I've got two of them (both sizes) and love them.

Read all instructions and be careful with the water temperature. You can set it but be sure to test it first. Sometimes on the hot settings, it will start warm before getting scalding hot so be sure to be careful that it's not getting hotter when using directly on your horse.

The only problem I've had was some minor leaking around the fittings.

Since our water is really hard, I keep expecting problems from calcification but I've had one for 4 years and it still works great.

It's not as convenient as having hot water at the barn but my barn is practically in my backyard so I can haul buckets down. Whenever I need a steady source, the hotwashes work great (they heat the water quickly) and I don't worry as much about fire.