PDA

View Full Version : La Mundial Dressage Boots?

NorCalDressage
Dec. 25, 2010, 07:48 PM
Reviews, likes/dislikes?

What company did the measuring for you?

Thanks!

Peggy
Dec. 26, 2010, 01:37 AM
Try a search on here. Some people have had interesting experiences, mostly centered around fitting issues. Others love them. Probably mostly on the HJ board.

Equibrit
Dec. 26, 2010, 10:07 AM
Made in Ecuador and the quality will probably reflect that.

dressage.life
Dec. 26, 2010, 11:32 AM
I had a horrible time with them. I ordered them in May and they came at the end of August and did not fit right at all, and had the wrong leather. We sent them back and they were to completely remake them and I asked them at WEG and he wasn't sure when they would be done so I asked to get my money back....so after threatening a lawsuit I finally got my money back in November....

whicker
Dec. 26, 2010, 11:41 AM
I had them send totally wrong boots that were unusable in everyway and I couldn't get them to take them back or give my $ back. I guess the lawsuit is the only way to go. Interstate fraud, anyone? That is a federal offense, too..

event1
Dec. 26, 2010, 12:41 PM
I ordered them at Rolex in April...they sent a pair of horribly fitting boots to me in July that had the wrong leather. Erin (rep) came to my house to remeasure me and we sent them back and reordered them. The second pair came and were really nice but way too short. They sent me a RNA and I mailed them back about 6 weeks ago...still waiting for pair #3..hoping they fit and third time is the charm. Glad I wasn't in a rush for them!:eek: Wouldn't do it again!

rprincess73
Dec. 26, 2010, 06:09 PM
I ordered mine through a mobile tack shop. I got them 3 months later...and they were made wrong (toe caps; one leg didn't zip from 1 inch from top; other had 2 inches too much leather at the ankle and didn't zip from 3 inches from top). Honestly - it wasn't La Mundial's fault...it was the measuring that was done. While the person that measured me has tons of experience doing it - the form was weird, as well as the way that La Mundial wants it measured.

Long story short...the boots came in....and the work is gorgeous. These boots are hand made. New measurements were made...and the boots are being completly re-made.

From what I have learned...the boot makers have no higher than a 3rd grade education. However, they are masters at their craft. They can't read english...and the measurements are not done using a regular measuring tape (inches/centimeters)...they are done with a cobblers "stitch", which has different units of measure.

I should have my new pair by February.

Has it been an ideal situation - no...but the boots are lovely, made very well and will last me for a very long time.

NorCalDressage
Dec. 26, 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice!!

Thinking I just don't want to take a chance with them. I had heard some people raving about how great they were, but also some really bad experiences. Seems like the bad experiences are out-weighing the good ones.

BetterOffRed
Dec. 26, 2010, 11:54 PM
Starting about 10 years ago, the La Mundial people used to come to all the shows around here...I guess they pissed off enough people and headed somewhere else.

Liz
Dec. 27, 2010, 09:24 AM
I had the zipper boots. The zippers broke three times. In La Mundial's defense, they were always very willing to fix the zippers (they did not even charge me because they could see the boots had not been worn). After the third time, I gave up. I have enough to worry about at a show without having to worry about my boots. They are still sitting here, next to my computer. After 5 years, barely worn.

Sure are pretty though.

jcotton
Dec. 27, 2010, 09:51 AM
Sergio Grasso!!! I love mine. Totally custom. Ordered 6 & 4 yrs ago before Dover started selling them recently...so quality could be compromised, now. I hope not because I want a third pair for daily schooling to give my original schooling boots a little break, at least a day or two to dry out in the summer.

La Mundial Customer Service
May. 2, 2012, 01:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just posted in the H/J forum, but thought it worth posting here as well for those of you focused on Dressage.

I wanted to say hello as I am the new U.S. Marketing Manager for La Mundial Custom Boots. To those of you who love your boots - I am overjoyed; I have my own pair and love them as well! To those of you who may have experienced issues in the past - I first would like to apologize. As some of you have mentioned, we had issues with sales reps in the past who made inaccurate measurements and they have since been let go.

I am posting in this forum to let you all know that 1) we have established a new sales team specifically trained to measure for La Mundial Boots, and 2) we have grown our Customer Service team to ensure that all our customers receive excellent service.

To those of you who still have outstanding issues, I would like to invite you to get in touch with our customer service team at (561) 459-1629 (a Florida #) or customerservice@lamundial.comto discuss options to ensure your satisfaction. We now maintain a repair team in Texas, for basic repairs, and also offer repair services here in Quito for more extensive issues.

Again, thank you to everyone who has been a La Mundial Customer in the past and please feel free to message me at customerservice@lamundial.com if I can help you with anything.

Genevieve
Marketing Manager, La Mundial Custom Boots

Blkarab
May. 2, 2012, 02:09 PM
My trainer ordered a pair at WEG, and they were completely wrong. She couldn't get in touch with anyone from La Mundial, and she still has the boots sitting in a box in her garage. Unworn.
Genevieve, I will be passing along your number to her.

Trevelyan96
May. 2, 2012, 10:02 PM
I was one of the lucky ones who got beautiful boots that fit perfectly, but it was about 6 years ago, and I was measured by the owner.

I love mine, but if I'd seen the nightmares others here on COTH have related, I would never have ordered them. As stated, I'm one of the lucky ones who got lovely boots that fit.

pluvinel
May. 3, 2012, 07:35 AM
If you want custom boots, try a small American shop, Kroop Boots in Laurel MD. Top notch.
http://www.kroopboots.com

TMPF
May. 3, 2012, 08:05 AM
I have two lovely pairs of LaMundial boots but I had a horror story getting them. I was measured last January at horse world expo and promised an April delivery I only ordered one pair. In June I received a pair of boots that were completely wrong. They were field boots that zippered up the back and the leather was like butter they were made for a person who rides hunters. I called several times and was told I received someone elses order they sent me a return label so I returned the boots.

I waited and waited and called and called. Finally I asked for my money back they said no and were blaming the person who had gotten my boots for not returning them. This went on for several months. I knew they were going to be at Devon and said if I didn’t have them by then I was going to post signs at their booth. A week before Devon a pair of boots arrived and two weeks later another pair arrived.

So it took 9 months to receive them but and I got an extra pair for my trouble. They fit almost perfect, I did get the tops streched a little (locally).

rprincess73
May. 3, 2012, 02:15 PM
I received my boots last year and they were PERFECT (after having to send the first pair back - see earlier post on here). I've ridden in them at least 3 times a week - keep them cleaned and conditioned and love them.

I just attended Rolex and met Roberto (owner) for the first time in person. He is extremely personable and very approachable. I met Genevieve, too. Lovely team they have now! I bit the bullet and ordered a "fun" pair of schooling boots. Roberto took the measurements and will be comparing them to the previous pair and adding tweeks for me. I'll have the new dressage boots (in a rich, deep, cordivan, reddish brown). I'll post pictures once I receive them (slotted for 7/27/12 delivery).

judybigredpony
May. 4, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ordered my custom 1/2 chaps @ Rolex delivery same time as rprincess73..got the YKK zipper and thicker leather?? Price couldn't be beat vrs Pinnell @ $500.00

flamenco horse
May. 5, 2012, 09:26 PM
Funny this thread was resurrected again. I was measured and ordered a pair at Devon last year. Told 3 months until delivery. Emailed them in February and was given a delivery date at the end of the month. They arrived mid-March, completely wrong in every way...too tall, ankle way to large, foot bed too large.

Several calls, emails, and was told by Roberto Rivas, owner of LaMundial, they sent the the wrong boots and he would personally supervise the next pair were correct.

Oddly, they still sent someone to my home to remeasure so I suspect they no longer had the measurements. Within 3 weeks of the 2nd measurement the new pair arrived. Right height, fit fairly well but the ankles are still huge and they look very odd, as tho they took a pair of loafers and stitched a boot shaft on them. Hard to explain but they look hideous and the quality is even worse. Lot's of ragged edges and poor cuts.

I would run the other direction if you are even considering these boots. While the boots they have on display at these various events are absolutely lovely, what good are they if they don't fit.

As someone else stated, Roberto is quite charming but again, what good is it?

Very disappointing.

SaddleFitterVA
May. 5, 2012, 09:50 PM
I love my Dehners.

I have a pair of La Mundial paddock boots, and they are ok, but the zippers broke within the first 2 weeks. They did repair them, no charge (but it took another long wait).

They are not all that comfortable though so I haven't worn them out yet. The fit is ok, nothing pokes or rubs, but after I wore out a pair of Nike shoes, I took the liner, and stuck it in the boots...and they are much better. Just no padding in there.

I ordered mine at Upperville in 2006 or so.

May. 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
Please do pass my info along - we are really putting a new focus on ccustomer service and I´ll get involved personally.

My trainer ordered a pair at WEG, and they were completely wrong. She couldn't get in touch with anyone from La Mundial, and she still has the boots sitting in a box in her garage. Unworn.
Genevieve, I will be passing along your number to her.

Boomer
May. 11, 2012, 07:41 AM
I was measured for a pair of boots at Region 9 Champs last year in TX. It took 4 months to get them but they fit very well! They took very little time to break in, although the top of the boot is pretty snug. Probably should've gotten measured in the afternoon instead of morning, but otherwise I really like them. I'm on a budget so the price was good too.

SillyHorse
May. 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
It sounds like La Mundial is understanding that customer sevice is really important. I might be tempted to get measured for a pair if I ever see a rep at a show or expo. :)

May. 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks for your comment - I just added our show schedule for the next few months (and we are still adding shows) to our facebook page (www.facebook.com/LaMundialCustomBoots) if you want to see where we will be!

It sounds like La Mundial is understanding that customer sevice is really important. I might be tempted to get measured for a pair if I ever see a rep at a show or expo. :)

BigBayBoy
May. 12, 2012, 06:39 AM
I bought new competition boots at WEG. They promised I'd receive them in the Dec/Jan time frame and I received them in Jan. They are a great fit and there was no break in period. I saw La Mundial at Dressage for Devon and ordered a pair of classy brown, field boots that had black piping. I received them when they said they would arrive and again a great fit and no break in period. I get tons of compliments on both pairs of boots and always recommend La Mundial to folks who want a reasonably priced custom boot.

Roberto was also kind enough to take another pair of boots I have ( not La Mundials) and repair them for no charge.

So I can't say enough about how much I like this company. Wish I could be an East Coast Rep! :yes:

event1
May. 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
Glad that you had a great experience...I personally would rather take a stick in the eye than to order another pair of boots from them. They should be kissing peoples butts at this point for as many people as they screwed. :mad:

arbeegirl
May. 24, 2012, 07:43 AM
I keep emailing the customer service address and have been dealing with an Evelyn Macias. She told me my boots would be shipped on 5/15/2012 but then wanted to know what was wrong with the 1st pair before these were shipped. I sent the email back with the problems, #1 being wrong style of boot. I have since requested the tracking info and approx. arrival date for my boots. I have not heard back! WTF?!:mad: At this point I REALLY just want my money back!!!!!

My advice...stay away from this boot company. Oh, their facebook page didn't allow me to post a comment...

whicker
May. 27, 2012, 08:40 AM
I'm trying to return the very poorly made unwearable boots, too. These don't even have the interior finished..

La Mundial is suppose to be at Upperville for the show in early June, in case anyone else wants to talk to them.

MysticOakRanch
May. 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
I've talked to several people who got boots from them - some are quite satisfied, others hate the boots, fitting problems, one was unfinished inside. I looked at them recently, but am afraid to commit that kind of money to a company with a mixed track record. Would love a pair of custom boots, but like most, can't afford to be "out" $580 for something that may or may not fit correctly.

flamenco horse
May. 28, 2012, 11:26 AM
After posting on 5/5 about the replacement boots being wrong and horribly made, I was told they would refund my money in exchange for the return of the boots at DAD this fall. I certainly will return them but so far no check from LaMundial. Called about 9 days ago and was told there was a glitch with the international courier service they use.

Genevieve, while I appreciate the fact everyone at laMundial has been extremely polite and kind, the fact is nothing gets done unless the customer keeps calling. I am extremely frustrated with my dealings with your company, now 8 months in the making, and while I do have unique fitting issues isn't that the point of going custom to begin with?

The boots on display are absolutely divine. The last pair I received looked like something done by a kid who had no experience what so ever. I suspect they chopped down the pair sent previously, poorly done at that.

Funny this thread was resurrected again. I was measured and ordered a pair at Devon last year. Told 3 months until delivery. Emailed them in February and was given a delivery date at the end of the month. They arrived mid-March, completely wrong in every way...too tall, ankle way to large, foot bed too large.

arbeegirl
May. 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
After several emails last week they finally emailed me back saying this...

"I apologize for my late reply. We have been in a one week National holiday. I spoke to the production manager regarding your boots, they had to started over agin manufacturing your boots. The leather was damage. Your delivery date is
June 1st with DHL in a 2nd day air service.

I know you have been patience with the whole process, just give us one more week please."

Funny thing is they must have had a 2 week holiday since it was almost 2 weeks since I had last heard from her. She can't even get the lies correct...

I hope these boots are perfect otherwise I will be making a seen at next horse show they are at asking for my money back in full.

May. 29, 2012, 02:41 PM
After posting on 5/5 about the replacement boots being wrong and horribly made, I was told they would refund my money in exchange for the return of the boots at DAD this fall. I certainly will return them but so far no check from LaMundial. Called about 9 days ago and was told there was a glitch with the international courier service they use.

Genevieve, while I appreciate the fact everyone at laMundial has been extremely polite and kind, the fact is nothing gets done unless the customer keeps calling. I am extremely frustrated with my dealings with your company, now 8 months in the making, and while I do have unique fitting issues isn't that the point of going custom to begin with?

The boots on display are absolutely divine. The last pair I received looked like something done by a kid who had no experience what so ever. I suspect they chopped down the pair sent previously, poorly done at that.
To Flamenco Horse -

I appreciate your patience and fairness in dealing with La Mundial, and I also apologize for the issues you have had. Your check should indeed be on the way - requesting the check and sending it does take several weeks to complete due to bank processing time.

To Whicker - we will reply via email with specific return instructions since you mentioned the Upperville show dates are not convenient given your travel schedule.

To Arbeegirl - I hope you are satisfied with your boots once they arrive. If not, please contact us at customerservice@lamundial.com. I check that email address, along with the Customer Service team. We sometimes do experience delays if the boots are found to have issues late in the production process, and again, I apologize that you had to wait. You can also feel free to message us on Facebook, in addition to emailing us; we use that page specifically as a forum for communicating our show schedule.

Thank you!
-Genevieve

arbeegirl
May. 31, 2012, 02:29 PM
Genevieve,

I have tried to contact your customer service today and have not heard back. Per the email from last week my boots are to arrive tomorrow, June 1st. I have asked for a tracking number and if they were even sent out yet and have not heard back.:mad:

I am really getting tired of this crap! You say you have customer service people to deal with us but no one gets back to you.

event1
Jun. 1, 2012, 11:14 PM
Hey Genevieve-
just wanted to let you know that you and Roberto can apologize and try to act accomodating all you want...your company still sucks...so glad I finally got my money back-thats all.

mvp
Jun. 2, 2012, 11:57 AM
Wow, with customers like you guys, who needs enemies?

Why don't you enraged people deal directly with Genevieve, the one person at La Mundial you know to be working hard to improve customer relations?

Genevieve, why don't you personally babysit these transactions so that your pissed off Americans aren't calling others in Ecuador and then publicly posting about it?

I don't envy any of you.

Jun. 4, 2012, 05:33 PM
MVP, you are 100% correct in your assessment, and when I can connect customer complaints with the postings online, I do so. I also seriously check the customerservice@lamundial.com address myself, so I continue to encourage people who have had problems to email us there. While customers are absolutely welcome to call, the email allows both us and the customer to have a great record of any sort of question/issue.

Genevieve