PDA

View Full Version : My URSA cart came!

deltawave
Dec. 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
Nothing like driving up to the house to see a BIG box with your name on it! :D Ordered the Ursa cart to deal with manure until I can get my composting bins emptied and it arrived in 3 days! AND I think I can sneak home early today to assemble it, wheee! Christmas fun on the farm! :lol:

Bluey
Dec. 24, 2010, 08:40 PM
What is an URSA cart, have you put it together yet and more important, how about some pictures?:)

horsepoor
Dec. 24, 2010, 11:14 PM
Okay, I found the Ursa site and those do look pretty cool. When you say it is to deal with manure until you get the compost bins emptied, do you mean because it will be easier to dump (so you can pile it higher) or ??? I'll be curious how easy it is to dump that thing as it looks like you'd have to lift all the weight with one hand...let us know how that works out. I like the looks of it for towing behind the mower when I clean the pastures - better than the rinky dink metal one we use now.

deltawave
Dec. 25, 2010, 09:11 AM
I normally empty my compost bins before the snow flies, because in the winter we have to take off the bucket on the tractor so the snowblower can go on. This year we got an early 18" of snow and the blower had to go on before I got a chance to empty the bins.:( When the bins are empty I just use a wheelbarrow or muck bucket for daily stall cleaning. They hold about six weeks' worth, morein the winter as I can't pick up all the poop that's out in the snow. ;)

So now it's too icy to empty them, although we may try next week, and plan B when the bins are full is to haul the manure about 200' away to where I keep my pile of finished compost for giving away. I can compost it in the spring. But that's WAY too far to push a wheelbarrow so I needed something that could hold a few days' worth of poop and could be hauled behind our ATV.

The Ursa wagon got my vote and I'm psyched to start using it!