PDA

View Full Version : North Texas Equestrian Center

alg0181
Dec. 24, 2010, 12:32 AM
The last trainer I checked out was a flop. Does anyone have any experience with NTEC? I wandered around today and watched a few lessons. One gal whose lesson I observed gave me a bit of a tour afterwards and had only good things to say. The office manager was also very helpful and kind. Horses all looked good. Their prices on both lessons and leases seem very reasonable.

If you have any input on the place before I try it out, please let me know and feel free to PM. Thanks!

NJRider
Dec. 24, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sent you a PM

MareOne2
Dec. 24, 2010, 05:35 PM
Hi, I have not actually been there but have had a very good experience with Kai Handt and his student Jonathan Wentz. I live in CA and they came out to show last March to help Jonathan qualify for the para equestrian dressage at the WEG, but the horse they brought, NTEC Richter Scale, was off when he got out of the trailer. Through a series of people asking around for a horse for Jonathan to ride instead, I loaned them my 10 yr. old Holsteiner gelding. Long story short, I did not know these people at all but got a good feeling about them and wanted to help out their situation. So I basically gave them my horse for 4 days! And it went well. They were super nice took great care of my horse (and had to get him a FEI number and renewed my USEF membership for me and assorted other stuff). Kai rode my horse a bunch of times and was just a really nice rider and very appreciative of me lending them my horse and all my tack etc. I think he kind of sponsors Jonathan. Anyway I got thank you notes and gifts from them a couple of weeks later too! And yes Jonathan did qualify for WEG and did well and Richter recovered and was his mount. But I was happy to help out these very nice people and would do it again in a heartbeat. :D:D

NJRider
Dec. 24, 2010, 05:37 PM
Have you seen Kai ride with your own eyes??

alg0181
Dec. 24, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hi, I have not actually been there but have had a very good experience with Kai Handt and his student Jonathan Wentz. I live in CA and they came out to show last March to help Jonathan qualify for the para equestrian dressage at the WEG, but the horse they brought, NTEC Richter Scale, was off when he got out of the trailer. Through a series of people asking around for a horse for Jonathan to ride instead, I loaned them my 10 yr. old Holsteiner gelding. Long story short, I did not know these people at all but got a good feeling about them and wanted to help out their situation. So I basically gave them my horse for 4 days! And it went well. They were super nice took great care of my horse (and had to get him a FEI number and renewed my USEF membership for me and assorted other stuff). Kai rode my horse a bunch of times and was just a really nice rider and very appreciative of me lending them my horse and all my tack etc. I think he kind of sponsors Jonathan. Anyway I got thank you notes and gifts from them a couple of weeks later too! And yes Jonathan did qualify for WEG and did well and Richter recovered and was his mount. But I was happy to help out these very nice people and would do it again in a heartbeat. :D:D

How kind of you! I did read all about Jonathon and Kai, great story. Can you PM me details about Kai's riding, since NJ is saying otherwise? I don't want this to turn into a bashing/debate thread. This is purely about finding a good place for me. Thanks!

MareOne2
Dec. 24, 2010, 06:12 PM
Pm sent!

ctrline
Dec. 27, 2010, 10:20 PM
Check out NJRider's website before you decide if she has a credible opinion to offer.