PDA

View Full Version : Tekna owners...do you still love your saddle?

meaty ogre
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:11 AM
I've pretty much decided to buy one, but am waiting until I pay off my Christmas credit card debt, and hopefully get some Christmas gift money.

So, do you still love the saddle? Or has something glaring come up and you are now starting to reconsider?

Did you get the tekna girth and stirrup leathers too? I'm thinking about going with the contoured girth while I'm at it, and maybe the wintec webber style leathers too. At least then I wouldn't have to contort myself when my instructor wants to fiddle with my stirrup length. :)

TBDressage916
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
Its only been a few weeks, but yep I still love it, and so does my mare. I haven't invested in a new girth or leathers yet- those will come after the holidays, so I can't comment on those yet!

LOVE THIS SPORT
Dec. 29, 2010, 11:10 AM
Just got one... A really nice upgrade from a wintec.. see how it goes :)

meaty ogre
Jan. 21, 2011, 04:03 PM
Any updates?

bauhaus
Jan. 22, 2011, 11:04 AM
I got one a couple of weeks ago but we've had so much snow I've only been able to ride in it a few times. It's very supportive, comfortable to sit in, and I don't have to fight it to stay balanced and use my legs however I need to. My only complaint: it SQUEAKS! I haven't seen any posts anywhere reporting this problem, so maybe it'll stop when it's more broken in? I really hope I can either get over the squeaking or make it go away because I love everything else about it.

Hampton Bay
Jan. 22, 2011, 11:48 AM
I got one a couple of weeks ago but we've had so much snow I've only been able to ride in it a few times. It's very supportive, comfortable to sit in, and I don't have to fight it to stay balanced and use my legs however I need to. My only complaint: it SQUEAKS! I haven't seen any posts anywhere reporting this problem, so maybe it'll stop when it's more broken in? I really hope I can either get over the squeaking or make it go away because I love everything else about it.

Have you tried flipping if on its side and baby powdering up by the stirrup bars? The squeaking is a common issue with the smooth synthetic saddles, unfortunately.

bauhaus
Jan. 22, 2011, 11:58 AM
Have you tried flipping if on its side and baby powdering up by the stirrup bars? The squeaking is a common issue with the smooth synthetic saddles, unfortunately.

I've never even thought of that but I'll try it. Thanks! I have noticed a big difference depending on what I'm wearing. It only squeaks enough to bother me in stiff, tall boots (due to the cold I've been riding more often in full chaps over jeans) so I have a feeling the area right where my leg hits is also a problem. I might try baby powdering the outside of my boots. The smooth vs suede definitely makes a difference. I've ridden in a Wintec Isabell off & on for years and you're right - never heard a peep out of it.

I will say if anyone is thinking of a Tekna I highly recommend ordering the one with the suede seat and thigh blocks. I don't think I'd like the entirely smooth model and I wish they would make an entirely suede model.