PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a small animal vet!

mustangtrailrider
Dec. 21, 2010, 10:53 PM
Kudos to my small animal vet practice! My Basset Hound is on her way to health, one day at a time. We have had some scary days, but over all, she is on the road to a long and healthy life.

A small animal vet and practice that treats my husband, me, and my hound doggie with patience, respect, and kindness. Plus, they do a great job at a wonderful price!

I am very happy!

Basset Hound just had two teeth pulled while she had her teeth cleaned today. She had a pre-cleaning wellness check and she was deemed fit for surgery! (I lost my last bassie hound 4 days after her dentistry work....I am still on pins and needles, but we are showing more promise already.)

Finally, I have found a small animal practice that I am as happy about as my large animal practice....

Kudos to those great small animal practices....Thank you!

ladybugred
Dec. 22, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hard to find, but worth 10x their weight in gold!!!!

Mine will be 1hr+ from me when I move, but I will still be using them, rather a drive then trial and error.

Sorry about your Bassie.

If it's not too sad, or intrusive, may I ask why your Bassie passed after having teeth done?

LBR

mustangtrailrider
Dec. 22, 2010, 08:41 PM
My second Bassie is doing outstanding today. She is bright eyed and very perky. Very glad I had it done.

My first Bassie was an older rescue as well. She had been taken to the vet, blood work done, deemed healthy. A couple of months later, we had her teeth done....three days later, she was having very unusual symptoms that can't be explained to this day. Her symptoms were so far advanced, it was decided that euthanasia was the kindest option. No idea. Not one diagnosis to explain her symptoms. Very likely, chronic ear infections and brain tumor/pituitary tumor!

Either way, very happy with current vet.

If you aren't happy with your vet, keep asking questions and find the vet practice that works for you and your critters!

coloredhorse
Dec. 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
Glad you are happy with your new small animal vet, and your pretty lady is doing well, mtr!

We've had turnover in our vet's office (both of our fully trained vets moved away, boo-hoo); our new gal is proving not to rate very high on the trainability scale. Might call for a little longe work, LOL!

I recently learned that my equine vet is married to a small animal vet, though, so we may just switch; I was lucky enough to have that situation for a while in our old stomping grounds and it was truly ideal. The large-animal spouse had pre-trained the small-animal one already.

mustangtrailrider
Dec. 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
Yes, I absolutely understand! Finding the good ones is hard! I will definitely be keeping this practice. My grand ol' lady is doing great. The spring is back in her step. Her baying is louder and more magnificent than ever! She is wonderful.....Thank you small animal Vet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!