PDA

View Full Version : Dress Boots question

AnotherRound
Dec. 20, 2010, 08:22 AM
I am going to be buying dress boots for dressage this winter/spring for showing - Any suggestions about what to look for/ask for to get a really nice look in a boot - I always buy fully lined boots, but there may be some things which really make the boots look that extra nice - I notoriously buy what I think is a nice boot, jacket, etc only to find out people are wearing the jackets longer; the boot with a spanish top and I didn't get that, helmets a certain way. I don't care about brand names, but for example I have seen some people use the phrase "Stiffener" for boots - what is that, do you get that done after market? Do I look for it in the boot? I haven't decided if I am going to get 4-500 dollar boots or maybe 700 dollar boots but prefer to spend my money on a good saddle, so I will be shopping around for a good boot with the right features.

For example, the Ariat boots size 9 regular fit me perfectly, just that tad too tall and then drop half an inch or so, so I might look at Ariat's higher end boots.

If i see a deal on a sale item though, I don't want to short myself on a feature I really want

So what do I want?

Thanks