PDA

View Full Version : MDC stirrups

MXL
Dec. 19, 2010, 03:13 PM
Cross-posting: are these stirrups (the intelligent version w/ joints and rotatable eye) legal in dressage tests?

dressagedevon
Dec. 19, 2010, 07:59 PM
I've ridden with them for about a year now and no one has said anything to me, so I hope so!!

MXL
Dec. 19, 2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks! My USDF book says the jointed stirrups are fine, but I couldn't find anything about the 45-90 degree angle placement. Thanks, again, for your response. I inherited a pair, but I don't want to use them or get used to riding in them if I can't show in them.

PreppyPonies
Dec. 19, 2010, 09:32 PM
To my knowledge they are dressage legal. I rode with them all last season and never had a thing said about it.

Equisis
Dec. 20, 2010, 10:51 AM
As far as I know, they are legal- I've showed with them for several years and never had an issue. They really are wonderful stirrups, I have knee and hip problems on one side and any other stirrups make my leg go numb, so they are a real godsend.

n2dressage
Dec. 21, 2010, 03:45 PM
Oh no absolutely not hahahahahah :lol: I think you need to swap with me for my brand new ones that I bought too greedily off ebay that do not have flex! I wanted flex but because I am too lazy to read the WHOLE ad I just get the regular MDC...