PDA

View Full Version : Tack Box Ideas

Kdash1228
Dec. 16, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some tips and ideas. The new horse I am leasing is at a farm that provides wooden tack boxes for the riders/boarders and some stalls are used as tack rooms. I've always been very grateful to have ridden at barns with heated tack rooms and lockers, so I'm basically clueless at the moment. I am investing in a saddle and plan to spend a pretty little penny on it. I don't necessarily want to leave it in the open for dirt & spiders (I am freakishly afraid of finding spider eggs in my tack), not locked up, nor am I too excited about leaving it out in this nasty cold weather. Same goes for my riding boots (they are NOT fun putting on when they are cold).

I currently take my boots home, sometimes leaving it in the trunk of my car (which has turned into my personal tack trunk because I haven't taken anything out of it yet haha).
I am not too sure how to go about with a saddle. I don't want to leave it my trunk, but it would be nice to not have to worry about running home, if I decide to go out to the barn at a random time of the day.

I was thinking I could get a padded saddle bag and somehow use a bar or a hanging saddle rack in the tack box. But wasn't sure if anyone else had any other ideas that they have tried in the past.

slbose61
Dec. 16, 2010, 07:26 PM
A friend made one of these (http://www.saddlestandsforvehicles.com/gallery02.htm)for me, I love it.