PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge to borrow indoor?

anchodavis
Dec. 16, 2010, 11:31 AM
My neighbor has offered to let me and my boarder use his indoor. He's not sure how much to charge us (he originally offered it for free if we weren't using the lights, but I told him he should charge since it's wear and tear on his facility, etc.) He's not sure what to charge and neither are we. Anyone out there let folks who are not boarders use their indoor? How much do you charge? Per use or a monthly fee? :)

Sparky
Dec. 16, 2010, 11:40 AM
Enough to cover the loads of liability insurance he's going to need! Around here, if anyone lets folks haul in like that, it's anywhere from $10 to $25 per visit.

TrotTrotPumpkn
Dec. 16, 2010, 11:55 AM
10-25 per visit is pretty typical here too. Also, do you expect him to drag the arena, water it, etc.? I would iron that out beforehand.

subk
Dec. 16, 2010, 02:06 PM
I trailer down the street to a very nice covered arena with excellent and well maintained footing (dragged every morning) and pay $15.

deltawave
Dec. 16, 2010, 02:32 PM
$10 to haul in.

Pennywell Bay
Dec. 16, 2010, 02:47 PM
I pay $25 at a super nice facility with great jumps. I pay $20 for a nice indoor that has no jumps ( is closer) and keeps us out of the rain!

msj
Dec. 16, 2010, 05:32 PM
Last yr my neighbor finally begged me to let her use my indoor. I told her she had to pay the equine commercial liability in full. In addition daytime use (no lights or limited lights) charge was $10/horse/trip up to a max of $100. She was a daytime rider so I wasn't too concerned about her using lights as my barn and indoor both have a lot of light coming in.

Another neighbor was interested also but she was a night time rider (M-F) but daylight over weekends. I told her she'd have to pay 1/2 the liability to the other neighbor and since she was a nighttime rider using lights, the charge would be $15/horse/trip up to a max of $150.

Since it would only be a max of those 2 riding plus my two horses turned out in the arena daily, I would drag the indoor at least 3 times per week, more if my boys really messed it up. Footing is sand and rubber and never dusty thanks to mag chloride put down in the fall.

If either one wanted jumps, they would have to supply them and I would not be liable for any damage to them.

atr
Dec. 16, 2010, 06:21 PM
I pay $6 a session for the one I can ride to--a screaming deal, but the footing isn't fabulous.

I trailered in to one last weekend and it was $20, which I thought was a bit steep--and the footing was far too deep.