PDA

View Full Version : Furst Fabio - is he still competing?

ise@ssl
Dec. 15, 2010, 05:44 PM
I just love this horse but haven't seen him out competing. Does anyone know if he'll be in Wellington this year? He is so absolutely gorgeous and such a fabulous mover.

GimmeQs
Dec. 15, 2010, 06:25 PM
I had heard that Cesar Parra bought him? Maybe this is old news?? I had seen him with Hubertus Schmidt on dressageclinic.com and loved him.
I hope I'm wrong about his current whereabouts.

dwblover
Dec. 15, 2010, 08:47 PM
From Dr. Cesar Parra's website:

"Fabio is one of our German National Champion (Bundeschampion) here at Performance Farms. He is a fabulous seven year old Rhinelander by Fidermark. Dr. Cesar Parra is currently competing Fabio at fourth level scoring in the mid to high seventies. He is cherished and owned by Marcela & Dr. Cesar Parra who have many high hopes for this young horses future."

ToN Farm
Dec. 15, 2010, 08:59 PM
Cesar showed him in Florida in Jan/Feb 2010 in a couple CDI's at Psg/I1.

canyonoak
Dec. 16, 2010, 10:45 AM
Furst Fabio is 11, will turn 12 in 2011.

TWF
Dec. 16, 2010, 11:57 AM
I was floored to find out he was a gelding!! I would have booked my mares to him. So much presence...he was simply stunning at DAD...

Equi88
Dec. 16, 2010, 02:44 PM
I always thought he could be America'a answer to Totilas.... To bad he kind of disappeard. Would have loved to see him with Hubertus Schmidt!

dwblover
Dec. 16, 2010, 07:39 PM
Geeze, maybe they should update their website, LOL!!!

ise@ssl
Dec. 17, 2010, 10:09 AM
I absolutely loved his sire Fidermark and was so sad when he died. I saw him on one of my first visits to Warendorf - he was 3 and has just been licensed. I told the man taking us on a tour of the Training facility that I'd take him home in a heartbeat. He had so much presence and that's what I love about Furst Fabio. You just have to look at him.

yankeeclipper
Sep. 1, 2011, 11:49 AM
On another thread someone commented that he died. Has this been confirmed? He isn't listed on the Peak Performance our horses.

dragonharte8
Sep. 1, 2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.piaffe-performance.com/photo_45.html

He was competing in earl 2010

2tempe
Sep. 1, 2011, 05:21 PM
He's not listed on the page entitled "Our Horses"... strange.

Mardi
Sep. 1, 2011, 07:28 PM
On another thread someone commented that he died. Has this been confirmed? He isn't listed on the Peak Performance our horses.

The person who commented about is death on another thread is the same person who started this thread last December.

What is "Peak Performance" ? Did a google search but not much came up.

2tempe
Sep. 1, 2011, 08:44 PM
CP"s business is "Piaffe-Performance. www.piaffe-performance.com

ise@ssl
Sep. 1, 2011, 10:08 PM
Yes - I had posted about him originally because I didn't see him competing. When I'd seen him at DAD previously I just loved him. He was just breathtaking and with the Pan Ams this year and Olympics next year - I wondered why he wasn't showing. Someone told me after I wrote the thread that he had died in Europe but I've never seen it in an article or thread. The "F" line Westfalen is one of my favorites and as I had stated I loved his sire Fidermark who tragically died at a young age.

yankeeclipper
Sep. 1, 2011, 10:29 PM
Oops Piaffe Performance or Performance Farm.

2tempe
Sep. 2, 2011, 03:17 PM
Because I tend to investigate things, I'll call this a mystery.
Not listed on CP's web page...No scores for current show year per USDF/USEF, whichever- but still shows as owned by CP......No recent references in Eurodressage... No recent references in Dressage Daily...

Doesn't sound so good.

Pony Fixer
Sep. 2, 2011, 07:49 PM
The header pic on the "Our Horses" page is Furst Fabio if I am not mistaken...

katarine
Sep. 2, 2011, 11:10 PM
:(

alicen
Sep. 3, 2011, 07:12 AM
Could you expand on that, Katerine?

katarine
Sep. 3, 2011, 08:57 AM
No.

eurodressage
Sep. 3, 2011, 09:11 AM
I'm sure someone from Piaffe Performance will expand on the topic more but Furst Fabio passed away last spring in Florida.

2tempe
Sep. 3, 2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the update - how sad to hear. I'm sure that the PP team must have been devastated, whatever the circumstances. It is, to me, particularly hard to lose the young horses, in their prime. It will never stop amazing me that in spite of their size and strength, they are, in some ways, fragile animals...

Condolences to Cesar and team.