PDA

View Full Version : Heated Pet Bowl for Barn Cats

SmartAlex
Dec. 14, 2010, 03:05 PM
Since we have mastered the whole heated bucket / water tank heater issue. It's time to do the same for the barn cats.

Anyone have a heated pet water bowl (http://www.enasco.com/product/C24127N) like this? Any preferences, good or bad product reviews?

ShotenStar
Dec. 14, 2010, 03:43 PM
I've had one just like that for years. Even installed a special outlet lower to the ground so I could plug it in directly and not have any extension cords.

The cats love it, I love it, Husband Person loves it.

*star*

LauraKY
Dec. 14, 2010, 03:44 PM
That looks pretty much like mine. It's in it's 5th winter and works like a charm.

lisann
Dec. 14, 2010, 03:44 PM
I have one quite similiar to that - mine is red, square, and a bit bigger. Works great. I have mine on top of a plastic storage tub, so it plugs into the wall outlet.

eventgroupie2
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:01 PM
We got ours at Wal-Mart - was about $15.00. Man, has it gotten a work-out for the past couple weeks here!!! :eek:
Kitties seem to like it fine - so does Gumby (the resident Corgi).

deltawave
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
I have one that's the same brand as the OP's, but larger so the dog and cats can share. Trouble free and ice free down to as low as we ever get, which is probably minus-five at worst in the barn.

Especially with a really small one you need to watch out for evaporation. I don't think it would hurt the bowl, but the critters would be without water.

SmartAlex
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:22 PM
Good point. I was thinking of getting a quart size, but I'd better get a bigger one.

Jumpin_Horses
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:33 PM
I have the blue one for the barn cats...

however, since my BF made these insulated, bucket cozies for the 16gal heated buckets, the cats like to sit on the edge of these and drink instead

ignore the dirty bucket, it was in storage in the barn, it actually cleaned up real nice.. LOL!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g305/BearFooteFarm/bucketCozy.jpg

GallopHer
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:48 PM
I have this bowl and it works well. In addition to their water bowls, my cats have access to a creek and a pond. I like this bowl because even the creeks and ponds freeze in the winter.