PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Paw Plunger?

Cammie
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:24 PM
Just saw this in the Smartpak Canine catalog, although they don't seem to have it online. I have a Jack mix that has THE worst coat for trapping mud and leaves. Rather than pin her over the sink attempting to clean each foot, I was wondering whether this would truly work or not.... Does anyone have one? Sort of reminds me of those ball cleaners they have at the golf course. :D

http://pawplunger.com/

This is exhibit A, showing off her dirty feet (and face!): http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/Cammiespike/1292354055.jpg :lol:

Laurierace
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:34 PM
Never seen it before but it is intriguing. Let us know if you try it.

csuebele
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:37 PM
Do they make the hoof-pick version?

eponacelt
Dec. 14, 2010, 05:05 PM
That looks AWESOME! I had wire fox terriers, and when we were rehabbing the grass in our back yard, it turned into a horrible mud pit and we resorted to putting boots on the dogs to spare the house.

Now, with two Irish terriers and a whole farm, well, you can just imagine. If someone buys this, you MUST let me know if it works.

Kate66
Dec. 15, 2010, 08:48 AM
It's a mug?

asb_own_me
Dec. 15, 2010, 02:02 PM
We got one this summer. It's pretty neat - IMO worth the money I spent.

IFG
Dec. 15, 2010, 04:12 PM
I thought about getting one, but I have just been keeping my Standard Poodles' feet trimmed short. Dirt comes right off.

msj
Dec. 15, 2010, 05:37 PM
When we come in from outside and it's been rainy and/or muddy, my dog knows if I say WAIT, she's not to go into the FR from the mudroom until her feet are wiped clean. She sees me pick up a towel and she lies right down on her side and waits till I'm finished wiping her feet. It only took a few times of grabbing the towel and she knew what she was supposed to do. Somehow I think that Paw Plunger would be more work than the towel.

asb_own_me
Dec. 16, 2010, 11:24 AM
I find it easier than toweling feet off. Our dogs also know to wait - that's not an issue. But when there's mud, the towel gets dirty fast, and if you have multiple dogs....then you have more laundry. The Paw Plunger also takes off the muck that otherwise you might just be wiping around on the paws, rather than wiping off.

Bicoastal
Dec. 20, 2010, 10:23 AM
Trimming the underside of the feet every week or two helps tremendously and prevents my dogs from slipping and sliding as the hair will cover their paw pads and prevent traction. Even my short-haired old guy benefits, especially now that there is snow and ice in our area (Mid-Atlantic). He's growing hair between his toes like an old man grows hair in his nose :lol:.

In the winter in particular our pups' paw pads need a little TLC: trim the hair in between the toes -underside of foot- to maintain traction and prevent snow balls and salt from clinging. A bonus is reducing the mud, sticks, leaves, gravel, salt, snow, water, etc etc etc they track in.

When I first saw that Paw Plunger, I laughed out loud at the marketing. Looks like a mug to me. I prefer a shallow baking/roasting pan: gets all four paws at once so less bending for me!