PDA

View Full Version : Best Xmas presents for the farm girl who has everything!

deltawave
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:26 PM
Or, what farm gifts have you gotten from the people in your life that "get it"?

Or, what ones would you LIKE?

(feel free to use this thread to give hints to the clue-impaired folks who buy us bracelets and perfume) :winkgrin:

Some of mine: the ladder to my hayloft (awe-inspiring to all gearheads who see it), a storage tent, leaf blower, tankless water heater . . .

IFG
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:34 PM
I am hoping for 22 yards (a truckful) of stone dust :).

CanTango1
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:36 PM
I would like an ATV with a dump wagon on the back....

Please refer to the wheel barrow thread !!!!

IFG
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:37 PM
Forgot to add. My husband gave me a Stihl electric leaf blower a few years ago, and I love it.

MistyBlue
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:47 PM
The problem with holiday presents for farm folks is that most of the things on the Want list aren't cheap.
(otherwise we'd buy them, LOL)

I'd love a shed/garage for the equipment.
Snow blade for the tractor.
A smaller tractor.
5 loads of driveway rock.
A few loads of stonedust and a few loads of sand.
A few trees removed.

Nothing I can ask for that's reasonable on that list.

On the reasonable list:
Chains for the tractor.
1 or 2 new pairs of winter britches.

What I actually asked for:
New serving spoons
Pajamas
Winter farm gloves (this one confuses everyone every year, I get everything from driving gloves to fuzzy mittens)

What I already got and so very fantastic:
Fireplace fixed
Tractor serviced by someone who isn't me. :D
New barn doors coming this weekend.

So, happy lady anyways.

Personal Champ
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:48 PM
DH asked me what I would like for christmas this year, to which I replied, "a load of stone to fix the mud in the sacrifice area". He was appaled that I would ask for stone, saying that he couldn't get me that for xmas. Well, it's what I want, soo....

Before the killer rain we got 2 weeks ago, he went and got a load of stone, spread it all out after scraping the mud off, and mounted a floodlight on the barn so that I can see at night to pick the poop up. Said he wouldn't get it for me for xmas but would get it "just cause".

Love that man! Next on the list is footing for the arena.... maybe Valentine's Day? :lol:

MistyBlue
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:50 PM
Forgot to add that a heated bird bath would be neat...but I think I'm going to get one of those heated dog dishes and see if that works.

Wait...Stihl makes an electric leafblower? Is it powerful? I tried a black and decker one at a hardware store and my blowdryer had more chutzpah. But I love anything made by Stihl. My chainsaw rocks...it's a Stihl.

Personal Champ...awesome gift! That's gotta make life much easier.

Jleegriffith
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:51 PM
For my hubby to build me a big feed bin..hadn't thought of that until just now but that sounds perfect.

For the most part if it isn't horse related then I don't want or need it:D

MoonWitch
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:58 PM
My List for Santa:

Stone dust (seems to be a HOT item this year!!)
Driveway rock (ditto above)
New footing for ring
ATV with bucket
Barn painted
Tractor w/bush hog
Manure Spread
Snow blower and/or plow

Oh, and BTW - I have been veeeerrryyyy good :)

pony grandma
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:59 PM
ahhhh... gravel. #1!!:lol: me too. I just got driveway gravel and two loads of sand for the arena this yr. And Gramps just put a new small fresh load of gravel in the outside wash rack area. Contentment.

You'all turn green-eyed when a tri-axle drives down the road, flashing them to turn into your place? :D

IFG
Dec. 14, 2010, 01:10 PM
Forgot to add that a heated bird bath would be neat...but I think I'm going to get one of those heated dog dishes and see if that works.

Wait...Stihl makes an electric leafblower? Is it powerful? I tried a black and decker one at a hardware store and my blowdryer had more chutzpah. But I love anything made by Stihl. My chainsaw rocks...it's a Stihl.

It is a Stihl. Hubby bought it because he loves their chain saws. Must be powerful, because I had to wrest it from my DH this year. After years of raking, he tried the blower, and now I cannot get it back!

MistyBlue
Dec. 14, 2010, 01:26 PM
My 2 cycle back pack blower is a Stihl, I didn't know they made electric ones though. Those come in handy in the barn. Hmmm, might take a trip to the small engine place.

And yes, I get jealous as heck when I see a tri-axle go by on the road. I get whiplash trying to see what it's carrying and then envying the person getting the load.

Nothing sounds prettier than back-up beepers on a tri-axle of stone or sand coming up your driveway! :D

shakeytails
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:08 PM
Nothing sounds prettier than back-up beepers on a tri-axle of stone or sand coming up your driveway! :D

Freak! LOL!!

I thought I was was only one...

LovelyBay
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:21 PM
I want a Nibble net....

Eleanor
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:25 PM
I send Dh a list of things that I want the worst part is that if it has anything to do with the farm/house he just tells me to order it when it is needed. so this is the list of what he can get me, don't need any of it but hey if he is going to spend money it might as well be something I can use.:D

My number 1. pick
http://www.snugrugz.com/airowear.htm

http://www.styleequitation.co.uk/ourshop/prod_693305-JHL-Mediumweight-Turnout-Rug.html

http://www.styleequitation.co.uk/ourshop/prod_814137-Funnell-Midlleweight-Turnout-Rug.html

http://www.styleequitation.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1084519-Musto-Hamilton-Ladies-Jacket-Chocolate-CS1380.html

http://www.styleequitation.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1091501-Musto-Ladies-Whisper-Jacket-Moss.html

I always make sure I write the sizes and colors I want so that I can use right away.:winkgrin:

Robin@DHH
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:28 PM
For lower cost gifts that a farm owner can appreciate, buy
one or more of those Rubbermaid giant leaf bags. Great
for carting hay around and bringing loose bedding to the
stall. Another wonderful gift for the farm person is a good
hose, there are never enough of those. And also great for
winter are the Gatorlock quick disconnects to attach and
remove that hose from the frost hydrant.

Jumpin_Horses
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:23 PM
DH asked me what I would like for christmas this year, to which I replied, "a load of stone to fix the mud in the sacrifice area". He was appaled that I would ask for stone, saying that he couldn't get me that for xmas. Well, it's what I want, soo....

OMG! this is almost the same exchange between myself and my BF.

I said: "all I want for x-mas are a few of my jump lessons paid for" his reply was: "I wont get you THAT for x-mas", I replied: "well, thats all I want, sooo"......

he he... perhaps he will come through the same way your guy did ;) (crossing-fingers)

Personal Champ
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:27 PM
Yes, DH is the bomb. He often thinks my requests are bizzare, like the leaf blower a few years back, but usually humors me. :lol:

Luckydonkey
Dec. 14, 2010, 04:54 PM
My family got me a dewalt cordless drill with a case, bits, and an extra battery and charger last year... I have been in heaven ever since! It is amazing the things I can do by myself now, lol.. I built my own stall walls, sliding doors, hung my own plywood siding in the hay area, etc...

seabreeze
Dec. 14, 2010, 05:39 PM
A baseball cap with two little lights sewn into the brim (perfect for late night trips to the barn)

Muck shoes and boots

Warm socks, neckwarmers, and gloves

A muck bucket cart (on my list for this year)

ponygirl
Dec. 14, 2010, 06:34 PM
A vacation :)

leslie645
Dec. 14, 2010, 07:08 PM
Freak! LOL!!

that load of driveway rock does sound divine!

MistyBlue
Dec. 14, 2010, 07:21 PM
Freak! LOL!!

Nope, you're not the only one! Music to my ears!

LuckyDonkey...isn't the DeWalt great? I have the 18v one with more attachments and bits than I can count. (I buy them like candy, LOL)
And I have the second battery too so I never have to wait for a battery to charge. I use it for almost everything!

I did ask for a nailgun again this year...but doubt highly that I'll get it. For some reason that makes Mr Blue nervous. :winkgrin:

chai
Dec. 15, 2010, 06:33 AM
Seabreeze, check this out:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63736?from=SR&feat=sr

The only things on my wish list this year are:

a load of stone dust

two round bales

a tractor trailer load of sawdust

I would take those gifts over jewelry any day.

carolprudm
Dec. 15, 2010, 08:33 AM
I would like an ATV with a dump wagon on the back....

Please refer to the wheel barrow thread !!!!
FWIW we found that golf carts had bigger beds than the ATV's we looked at.

My golf cart is a 4 WD monster that can carry 4 full mucktubs in the bed while hauling my full NewerSpreader. When the spreader is empty I dump the 4 tubs into the spreader and keep going. I can usually spread the manure from my 10 stalls in 1 pass.

It does have a hydrolic lift but since I also use it to haul hay I don't like to dump manure directly into the bed

carolprudm
Dec. 15, 2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.abiequine.com/products/water_wagons/index.php

seabreeze
Dec. 15, 2010, 09:55 AM
Seabreeze, check this out:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63736?from=SR&feat=sr

That's the one I have (not orange, though)...well, I HAD it, until the dog chewed it up. Time for a new one!

Dalemma
Dec. 15, 2010, 11:00 AM
A vacation :)

I'm getting one of those in Feb.......the first one since we moved to our own farm 11 years ago.

As for things for the farm....I would love to have my main gate to the farm converted to an electric one.

A roof over my round pen.

Dalemma

Robin@DHH
Dec. 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
If you want a water wagon cheap, look at farm auctions.
We bought an old field sprayer for all of $25 at a farm
auction. Husband took the sprayer arms off and put on
a piece of plastic pipe with spray heads. The pump runs
off the pto on the tractor. It will water our indoor arena
(small dressage ring size) in 15 minutes of driving around.
Total cost including a new pto driven pump was under $100.

atr
Dec. 15, 2010, 01:49 PM
A hay elevator would be really nice...

And rock... lots of rock.

foxhavenfarm
Dec. 15, 2010, 02:04 PM
1. Lights in my arena! and along with that, electrical outlets at all the pasture gates

2. An electric gate opener

3. New fencing (that I don't have to put up myself)

sk_pacer
Dec. 15, 2010, 02:11 PM
I want the old well cleaned and refitted, a line to the barn and a heated tackroom to keep things working right. Hell, if I am gonna go that far, I want an RO system and water piped to the house!!LOL

A bigger tractor for a few days - something that cleans up mine tailings would about work.

A vacation would be nice too

2DogsFarm
Dec. 15, 2010, 02:41 PM
Whew!
Good to know there's nothing wrong with me for loving the pile of excess stonedust my excavator left me 3 years ago. :D
The Gift that continues to Give...

And yes, I follow (with my eyes at least) any tri-axle monster that happens down my road.
Maybe it's for ME this time???

Santa could bring me an awesome golfcart like Carolprudm's if he can't get the subcompact tractor w/FEL in the sleigh this year :yes:

I'd settle for a Rubbermaid wheelbarrow to replace my heavy metal (NOT in a good way) one.

carolprudm
Dec. 15, 2010, 02:57 PM
If you want a water wagon cheap, look at farm auctions.
We bought an old field sprayer for all of $25 at a farm
auction. Husband took the sprayer arms off and put on
a piece of plastic pipe with spray heads. The pump runs
off the pto on the tractor. It will water our indoor arena
(small dressage ring size) in 15 minutes of driving around.
Total cost including a new pto driven pump was under $100.

There aren't many farm auctions around here

carp
Dec. 15, 2010, 03:14 PM
I've found that husbands and other males generally do better at picking out Christmas presents if you can suggest things from the places where they want to shop anyway. Or at least where they think they should be shopping for presents.

For the male who flatly refuses to believe that any female really would want a cordless drill for Christmas:
-Flask. Not just for foxhunters any more. If your guy can't believe you might really and truly want a cordless drill for Christmas, trust me, you need a flask. Tell him you want it silver, and engraved, and filled with your favorite liquor.
-Certificate for a massage session. He'll be able to rest easy knowing he got you something girly and completely unrelated to horses for Christmas. Use it after you are too sore to move from stacking a load of hay in the loft.
-Cashmere sweater. Again, he'll think he's getting you something girly and completely unrelated to horses. Meanwhile, it makes a toasty warm and lightweight under layer for those 20 degree days at the barn.

For the male who likes to wander around camping and sporting goods stores:
-LED headlamp, so one doesn't kill oneself walking down to the barn at night.
-Yak Trax or other removable boot treads. Again, so one doesn't kill oneself walking to the barn.
-Smart wool knee socks. Available in a variety of weights, patterns, and cute colors.
-Flannel or fleece lined jeans.
-Reusable handwarmers. Aside from the fact that they're reusable, they also don't leave black dust in your mittens the way some cheap disposable handwarmers do.
-Microfleece long underwear.
-Orange or neon colored jacket of a weight appropriate for autumn in your area. Handy if you have to go out in the woods during hunting season, and you can use it for a barn coat too.

For the male who is happiest at a hardware store:
-Boot scraper
-Garden spade. Keep it in the car in winter in case you get plowed into a parking spot while at work. (Those cute little fold-up plastic shovels are useless if you have to dig yourself out of wet snow which has had five hours to solidify around your car's rear bumper.) Use it in summer for the usual sorts of things you'd use any shovel for.
-20 foot long jumper cables. For when you have stupidly left your lights on with the vehicle nose first into the parking space.
-Garden edging tool. Useful for chipping ice. Even better, a real ice chipper.
-Fence post pounder.

For the male who loves shopping for electronic toys:
-Digital SLR camera. Because of course you need lots of action shots of the horses.
-Video camera. Again, you need to be able to take pictures of the horses.
-Waterproof, shockproof cell phone. Probably won't be able to run apps like a Droid or an iPhone, but I'll settle for just being able to make a phone call when Dobbin has launched me into a mud puddle.
-New PC with wireless broadband card and a good graphic editing software. For uploading all those pictures you took with your new camera without even waiting to get home from the horse show.

Mosey_2003
Dec. 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
For pete's sakes you guys, if any of you is close to North Central IL come see me and I'll give you my employee discount on stone and dust! I'll be your rock Santa, haha!

All I want is Under Armor and fleece lined jeans...

skip916
Dec. 15, 2010, 03:35 PM
my dad to me: "ellie, what do you want for christmas this year?"
me: "a backpack blower and some really good waterproof work gloves from duluth"
dad: "who are you?"

formerly a cheerleading captain who designs jewelry and just happens to also appreciate a good backpack blower! thats who i am!! i hope santa heard me! it's funny the things having a farm will make you desire!

MistyBlue
Dec. 15, 2010, 03:51 PM
Just got a phone call from Mr Blue. He's been internet shopping, bless him.

Apparently in 7-10 days a 14 x 36 x 12' Shelter Logic is coming here to be put up.

Erm, wow...that's kinda huge. Not sure where it's gonna go and surprised we're getting one. Not complaining, extra storage is always great. And it's the heaviest duty one they have and he's paying for pro installation. (I know I'd screw that up) 30' anchors. :eek:

Holiday present for both of us...for me I can put the tractor in it and something tells me he'll use it as a garage for his car. (hey, that's one less vehicle I have to clean off and warm up in winter.)

Dance_To_Oblivion
Dec. 15, 2010, 03:55 PM
150 feet of heated hose...that's all I want...

subk
Dec. 15, 2010, 05:24 PM
I got the Stihl backpack blower for Mothers' Day. :wink:

For Christmas Santa knows I want a set of Lucas Equine's heavy duty blanket racks for my stall fronts. http://www.lucasequine.com/lucas-equine/fold-downblanketbar.htm

I'd also like to get my house finished so I can move in and see the horses out my kitchen window. It keeps getting delayed. :sigh: As does the base work for the arena...I think I'm asking for sand for Mothers' day this year.

Thanks for the LLBean tip--mr.subk will get one in his stocking!

deltawave
Dec. 15, 2010, 07:19 PM
I think it's hilarious how prevalent the wish for a pile of stone dust is! :lol:

I mean, who couldn't make use of a gift like that? ;)

atr
Dec. 15, 2010, 08:55 PM
The best Christmas gift of all would be if the tractor guys would actually pull their fingers out and fix my tractor that they've had since it went up in flames a month ago. It's a horrible job, as all the wiring and a bunch of hydraulics went "pouf," but we need it back, so we can use our own snowblower, rather than having to rely on the kindness of our neighbors to plough us out.

To whom, I should add, I am extremely grateful, but they have turned our rather tricky driveway into a very smooth, icy bobsled run--which, as it has a sharp bend and a big ditch on one side, has led to some rather exciting trips recently.

Brown Eyes
Dec. 15, 2010, 09:43 PM
Thank you all so much for the gravel/stonedust idea! Mr. Bown Eyes has been asking me what I want for Christmas and I have just now told him that I want more gravel in the driveway! And a realigned driveway to the barn. And a bigger trailer parking area. And a turnaround area for the trailer...

EquiChord
Dec. 15, 2010, 09:57 PM
We were asked by a dressage client to put together the best portable sound system to be used for music as well as mics for clinics. We thought we'd share the findings. We found some great values. What a great gift!!!!

http://equichord.blogspot.com/2010/12/sounds-of-season.html

Happy Holidays!!!!!

MistyBlue
Dec. 15, 2010, 10:34 PM
I think it's hilarious how prevalent the wish for a pile of stone dust is! :lol:

I mean, who couldn't make use of a gift like that?

Oh but there's so many uses for stonedust!!!

When given a choice I prefer something that improves the property...or something that makes it easier for me to upkeep the property.

Investing in my investment. :yes:

Plus who doesn't love stonedust and power equipment? I love anything that makes this 24/7/365 job easier.

"Personal" gifts would be high quality winter wear for me.
And yeah, I can still be a clothes fanatic.
Just swap it around for me:
Minolos, no. Mucks, yes.
Burberry, no. Carhartt, yes.

Smartwool, LLBean, Irideon, SSG...these are a few of my favorite things.

But overall...I'd still prefer stonedust. Or sand. Or driveway rock. Anything in a tri-axle really. ;)

kmw2707
Dec. 16, 2010, 03:22 PM
I am asking Santa for: a new manure fork (can never have too many), my wheelbarrows to be fixed (one has a flat, the other a broken handle), a white board and bulletin board, hoses of various lengths, one or two more shelters to be built. Some new fencing would be nice too.

fourmares
Dec. 16, 2010, 11:50 PM
I'd like Santa to pay off my mortgage. That'd be awsome.

Hilary
Dec. 17, 2010, 03:45 PM
I want a propane weed burner. And then 3-4 inches of snow so I can use it in all sorts of ways you're not really supposed to but without the danger of burning the place down.

Mali
Dec. 17, 2010, 05:51 PM
Freak! LOL!!

Nope, I get excited too! I spent one whole Christmas explaining to everybody why I was so excited over a dumptruck load of "dirt". They all thought I had been bad ;)

I also received windows for the barn one year from my parents (it was during the barn building phase).

skyy
Dec. 17, 2010, 05:53 PM
One of the best gifts hubby ever gave me were super heavy duty mats for my SUV. They had ridges on them and a big lip so no melting snow or ick would run off my boots and onto the carpet of the car. I could just go from barn to SUV without fretting about trying to wipe off my boots. I didn't even know I wanted them until I got them!

Wayside
Dec. 17, 2010, 07:04 PM
OMG! this is almost the same exchange between myself and my BF.

Hehe, I had a similiar discussion with my DH the first time he got sent to Ireland on a business trip. He asked what I wanted him to bring back for me. I told him I wanted diclofenac sodium cream (generic Surpass) because it's available inexpensively OTC over there. He was like "But... my coworker's wives all want sweaters and stuff. Don't you want anything like that?" Uhm, no. I want arthritis cream. Really, honestly, nothing could make me happier. :lol:

My mother, bless her heart, is usually very cooperative about getting me something I really want for Christmas. This year she is gifting me with a recheck ultrasound for my mare who is recovering from a suspensory injury.

It's kind of funny to me that both my mother and DH claim I'm incredibly difficult to shop for, because I can always come up with a ton of stuff that I could use. :lol:

Hunter_Newbie
Dec. 18, 2010, 12:36 AM
It's kind of funny to me that both my mother and DH claim I'm incredibly difficult to shop for, because I can always come up with a ton of stuff that I could use. :lol:

That used to confuse me too, until I realized its part of the non-horsey thing... its difficult to shop for non horse related items for us horse girls ;) Why cant they just give it up and buy us horse stuff :lol:

I didnt ask for much horsey stuff this year. I did however ask for dog training stuff. Im not holding my breath...:no:

fivehorses
Dec. 18, 2010, 07:39 AM
stonedust...I am on a first name basis with the crush plant in town! LOL

I do recall years ago, asking my sister for a wrench set...she refused, you are a girl, I am not buying you that.
Fortunately, my dad gave me all his old tools, and he was in construction, so I have tools I don't even know what they are used for!!! but, I am the envy of many men in my town when they see what I have.

My best memories are one of the last christmas's my dad was alive, he asked me what size blankets were my horses( I had just bought/adopted 2 pmu foals). So, we all know what a loaded question that is...turnout, stable, size, brand, etc! So, knowing my dad was wanting to get me that, I said, oh no Dad, please don't...its way too complicated, and I didn't even tell him the sizes.

Guess what, for christmas that year I got a turnout blanket for each horse, proper weight, proper size and proper brand...how he found out, I never knew. They lived 6 hours away, so it wasn't like he could sneak into the barn and measure them. All I can say is one hell of a store clerk, or Santa helped him. Was that a super Christmas present...5 blankets!!!

This year, since I don't spend much on friends for christmas, I give my workers, boots, gloves, and sometimes a coat..I can't stand them being cold, but my big gift is to try and give a horse in a local rescue a 2nd chance due to a medical correctable condition. I may be back on asking for donations for that thru the clinic or rescue for anyone interested to tax deduct.

But, if Santa is listening, that portable stihl leaf blower is looking really tempting!! loads of stone dust are always acceptable too. Oh, and I could use someone with a chain saw to cut some trees...they can have the wood...all ash.

Wayside
Dec. 18, 2010, 06:38 PM
That used to confuse me too, until I realized its part of the non-horsey thing... its difficult to shop for non horse related items for us horse girls ;) Why cant they just give it up and buy us horse stuff :lol:

I think you're absolutely right, though why they fight it is beyond me. :lol:

TheOtherHorse
Dec. 19, 2010, 08:19 AM
I told my hubby that I wanted a bridge for xmas... so he shows up with a truck full of wood, wrapped in a bow:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs734.snc4/65462_1765839503828_1174366518_2028416_2497103_n.j pg

He's the best! <3

deltawave
Dec. 19, 2010, 05:53 PM
Awwwww. :)

Mozart
Dec. 20, 2010, 01:45 PM
Now, I like a pile of stone dust as much as the next CotH girl but I must say...I am a bit of magpie and I do like shiny things and I would love this bracelet:

http://www.loriece.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

However, I would also be really thrilled with a set of snow tires....

DH is one of those people that thinks all season radial means all season. Yeah, in California maybe...

tabula rashah
Dec. 20, 2010, 03:01 PM
Even though I'm in my 30's my parents still get a me one big pricey-er gift each year. I asked for stone dust this year- and my mother promptly said " I am not getting you dirt for Christmas"
sigh.....

Fred
Dec. 21, 2010, 07:52 AM
ahhhh... gravel. #1!!:lol: me too. I just got driveway gravel and two loads of sand for the arena this yr. And Gramps just put a new small fresh load of gravel in the outside wash rack area. Contentment.

You'all turn green-eyed when a tri-axle drives down the road, flashing them to turn into your place? :D

Me too. Can't go wrong with a nice load of gravel.

While I do love perfume, lingerie and jewelry (can't help it) -
every year I ask for gravel.

Good work gloves ( I love the really thin deerskin ropers)
Warm socks - the absolute BEST I got from my niece who is in the armed forces. They are thin wool, and they FIT.
Heavenly.

A few years ago my PIL gave me a new wheelbarrow for Christmas - excellent gift!

Best thing anyone could give me?
Help.
Unasked for, just turn up and give me a hand kind of help.
and then take me out for breakfast.
That would be perfect.

Fred
Dec. 21, 2010, 07:57 AM

I mean, who couldn't make use of a gift like that? ;)

yep,it is the gift that keeps on giving.

:)

spacytracy
Dec. 21, 2010, 08:16 AM
My hubby does horsie things for me for Christmas too.
One year he made me a manure spreader.
Last year he built my stalls.

This year I would love my fencing to be done - that ain't gonna happen!

deckchick
Dec. 21, 2010, 08:57 AM

Hey MistyBlue, I saw this (http://www.urbannaturestore.ca/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17&idcategory=19) at my local Peavey Mart and almost bought it!

farmgirl598
Dec. 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
This year I would love my fencing to be done - that ain't gonna happen!

I agree completely. We have 6 acres of fence that needs to be redone. Not a HUGE job, but one I will more than likely take on by myself. DH doesn't want to be bothered with much farmwork anymore. I guess I'm on my own.

I'd LOVE to have a rubbermaid black water trough. Plan on buying one after Christmas, since I know I won't be getting one as a gift. I just don;t have the heart to tell family and DH that their money id being wasted on perfume, new sweaters I don't need, etc. I like PRACTICAL gifts....they think I am crazy for wanting animal related items, but if it makes my life easier.......why not? Anyhow, I graciously accept what they DO get me........and I AM thankful