PDA

View Full Version : Saddles for people with shorter legs

AmericaRunsOnDunkin
Dec. 14, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hi All,
I am looking for a dressage saddle that will accommodate a longer, straighter leg AND is proportioned for someone with short legs? When I say a longer leg, I mean a leg with less angle to it. There is nothing "long" about my legs, lol. Because my femur is shorter, I find so many saddles allow me to easily revert to my chair seat. I found the Debbie Special by Trilogy that I want to try out, but are there any others that you have experience with that I should try?

Sandy M
Dec. 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
My Smith-Worthington Maxx is a dressage saddle, but cut a little more "forward" than the rigidly up-and-down flaps that, truly, are designed for the way a man is built. It also has a somewhat shorter flap, though it fits me fine and I'm 5'7". I believe they do some "semi-custom" that aren't outrageously expensive.
I think their website is smithworthington.com.

Perfect Pony
Dec. 14, 2010, 10:44 AM
Try all 3 Trilogy saddles, in both regular and short flap. To my surprise I ride in a regular flap in the Trilogy Verago, because the twist is narrow and I can ride 2-3 holes longer than most other saddles.

carolprudm
Dec. 14, 2010, 11:33 AM
County is selling their demos 20% off ATM. I have bought 2 short flap Connections as demos

Ltc4h
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:17 PM
I have 33" Inseam and prefer narrow twists-Theo Sommer & Marcus Krehans fit best
My sister has a 31" and prefers a wider twist-Dominus & Spirig are her favorites.
Although we can both ride in my Kieffer Wein

ThreeFigs
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:34 PM
30 inch inseam here. My coach probably has a 26 inch inseam. Maybe. We both like the Neidersuss Symphonie.

She had a monoflap that fit well, too. Dang, can't recall the name. Will check back!

Max Benz GPS.

Carried Away
Dec. 14, 2010, 01:40 PM
I have very short legs and have had good luck with Kieffers.

cmdrcltr
Dec. 14, 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm short legged--probably somewhere between 28-30, but it's been a while since I've measured. I rode in a Harry Dabbs Monoflap dressage saddle (it's currently on consignment at Pelham if you want to go see what it looks like). Although I could have ridden with a shorter flap, the flap on this saddle worked fine/didn't feel too long.

shalomypony
Dec. 14, 2010, 07:37 PM
Verhan Odessey,short flap...perfect.

smhlin110
Dec. 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
I have a Custom Saddlery Advantage with a short flap and I also ride in an Amerigo with a short flap, both of which I find to work well. I'm 5'4" with short legs and a long torso.

kinnip
Dec. 14, 2010, 09:10 PM
30 inch inseam here. My coach probably has a 26 inch inseam. Maybe. We both like the Neidersuss Symphonie.

27 inch inseam and lovin' my 16.5" KN Symphonie.