View Full Version : Good Sale Websites

Dec. 13, 2010, 07:48 PM
I currently have a dressage horse I am trying to sell and I was wondering what are some good websites to place his add on?

Dec. 13, 2010, 07:53 PM

ewarmbloods.net (free)

For higher price points:
dressagedaily.com (ads are expensive but get a lot of traffic)

I like warmbloods-for-sale.com the best.

Dec. 14, 2010, 09:39 AM
I like www.dressagemarket.com... great prices and great exposure!

Dec. 14, 2010, 10:33 AM
I like good ole dream horse.

My only beef with warmbloods-for-sale.com is that it doesn't have the same advanced search features as Dream Horse and some of the others. For instance, I wanted to go search the tack section for a new saddle, but not going to sift through 10's of pages because there is no advanced search option. Or maybe, I'm missing something and someone can clue me in????

Dream Horse (I look at that site everyday)

Dressage Daily is just too pricey.....last I checked it was over 200.00 to advertise on that site for 6 months.

Dec. 14, 2010, 10:36 AM
I had a horse on dreamhorse and a few others with no serious inquiries. Lots of teenage girls calling and acting like serious callers. I put her on warmbloods-for-sale and had probably 20 serious inquiries and 6 serious buyers instantly. She left my property, for the asking price, within 8 days of placing the ad.

Dec. 14, 2010, 12:19 PM
I like to window shop on dreamhorse (and even went to go look at a horse form there) but I have to admit, I ended up buying my horse the old fashioned way (word of mouth).

Dec. 19, 2010, 04:33 PM
Try posting a video on youtube with all the info & keywords. Most use it for just posting videos there and then link it to the sales ad - but you have to think a little bit of your target market and what they might search for - and try to fit the important info right into the title (for example: 3rd lvl dressage horse for sale California). I have sold horses straight from Youtube and it really works when done the right way. Youtube gives you also a very good feedback even for the views with regions and the demographics.

For sales sites - equine.com and dressagemarket.com

Good luck!

May. 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
Dressagemarket.com has an interesting search engine.

I'll give it a try.