PDA

View Full Version : Courbette Charles De Kunffy

Emmas Hot Brass
Dec. 13, 2010, 12:37 PM
so, I bought a CdK for a fabulous deal. I love the seat, I love the leather, and when I bought it I was aware there was very little thigh block...
I've only ridden in saddles with moderate to fairly substantial thigh blocks... I have steady, stretching legs, good shoulder-hip-heel position, but how much of a difference is it going to make that I have really no block there? I don't think I rely on them?? I have yet to ride in it...

Any advice?!

Thanks (:

lorilu
Dec. 13, 2010, 06:04 PM
I loved mine (older model), but sold it because it encouraged a chair seat. So, pay attention....... don't slip into it.

L

dalpal
Dec. 13, 2010, 06:22 PM
LOVED mine....It was the best saddle I've ever owned...FOR ME. Unfortunately the tree broke in mine and it wasn't designed to fit my big wide horses.

Sandy M
Dec. 14, 2010, 10:45 AM
For whatever reason, a friend of mine didn't care for Mr. deKunffy personally (she'd had to deal with him as a clinic organizer ??? I have no opinion here beyond my interactions with him having been cordial.), but she was chagrined to find that the Courbette deKunffy fit her and her horse(s) beautifully, so she bought it. LOL She was petite, if that has any relevance for you. She really liked the saddle.

Emmas Hot Brass
Dec. 14, 2010, 11:53 AM
I loved mine (older model), but sold it because it encouraged a chair seat. So, pay attention....... don't slip into it.

Thanks for the heads-up. (:

She was petite, if that has any relevance for you. She really liked the saddle.

yes, thank you (: I'm 5'6" and 120, so, it helps to know it has worked for others in a similar boat