PDA

View Full Version : NoVa - Recommendation for someone to paint trailer

jn1193
Dec. 12, 2010, 10:06 PM
Anyone have a trailer painted in NoVa lately? If yes, about how much did you pay (doing a 2-horse BP)?

Could use some recommendations so I can get estimates...

Thanks!

carolprudm
Dec. 13, 2010, 08:34 AM
It's been about 10 years but our local voc ed HS painted my steel Valley for the cost of materials and a few pizzas. They didn't do a super job but the trailer wasn't anything special to begin with

Anyplace Farm
Dec. 13, 2010, 04:28 PM
Taylor Boyz. They used to be in Warrenton but I believe moved. Still in No. VA, just don't know where.

Cost - no clue.

jn1193
Dec. 13, 2010, 06:50 PM
Taylor Boyz. They used to be in Warrenton but I believe moved. Still in No. VA, just don't know where.

Cost - no clue.

They have moved down to SE of Warrenton, but alas don't do painting themselves. They recommended someone, but that shop is way down near Fredricksburg...

dianehalpin
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:11 AM
I had mine painted by a shop near Winchester, Va. that is on Route 7 just going into Winchester from Berryville. I can't remember the name of the place but they did a very good job on a two-horse tag-along and were reasonable and fairly quick.

SidesaddleRider
Dec. 14, 2010, 10:22 AM
I don't know if you have the time or inclination to do it yourself, but a friend of mine repainted his 2-horse bp trailer himself. He borrowed a sand blaster to get the loose paint off, used a wire brush on the rusty parts, and then re-painted it with 2 coats of Rustoleum. It looks fine, and took him about a day, for minimal expense.