PDA

View Full Version : Niedersuss Allegro - tree size ?

gamalott
Dec. 12, 2010, 07:27 AM
Hi-

I found a used Niedersuss allegro on the internet and it says the tree width is "normal." Does anyone know what that is exactly? I've never heard that term in reference to tree size. All the websites I've found for them list the size choices as "med, normal, wide, and Xwide" so I'm confused. Is it a "narrow?"

I'm currently "catch-riding" at my barn and looking for another horse to lease, but I would like to find a saddle of my own to use. I heard the niedersuss is good for fitting a wide number of horses and I like the one at our barn. If anyone has other recommendations as well, I'd love to hear it.

I'm tall (5'9") with a long thigh bone and I'm looking for a decent quality used saddle. (Under $1500 if possible) My trainer has instructed me to look for a 17.5" in a med to med-wide tree so that's what I've been looking for.

Thanks!

BaroquePony
Dec. 12, 2010, 07:38 AM
I found a used Niedersuss allegro on the internet and it says the tree width is "normal." Does anyone know what that is exactly? I've never heard that term in reference to tree size. All the websites I've found for them list the size choices as "med, normal, wide, and Xwide" so I'm confused. Is it a "narrow?"

:confused:

Maude
Dec. 12, 2010, 08:51 AM
If the tree is marked with an "N" in the serial number, then it is not medium wide or wide. It is narrower. You may want to pass on this one if you are looking for a M-MW. Call Dressage Extensions. They sell Niedersuss saddles and can help you. They also had some on closeouts for just about what you want to spend. Good Luck.

gamalott
Dec. 12, 2010, 02:39 PM
Ok - I just found the answer to my question, After going through many websites I finaly found one that listed actual measurements with the tree sizes. Normal = Narrow. Who knew??? :lol:

Off to continue searching for a saddle....

Thanks
Lisa