View Full Version : Does your farm have facebook?

Dec. 10, 2010, 12:20 PM
What kind of updates do you post?

Mine has one but I usually only post if I have horses for sell-which I don't :cool: so no advertising

Do you just put up pics or do you update about the goings on at the farm?

Dec. 10, 2010, 01:29 PM
We have one http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Epona-Farm/178919629890

Especially now its slow with no shows or foals running around. I've been posting updates of the in-foal mares and sometimes one of the owners of our breedings posts. I do post show happenings if I have it (either owned or a breeding of ours).
I also like to post some humorous going ons :D

Dec. 10, 2010, 01:32 PM
my barn uses theirs as a soundboard to communicate to all boarders. things like lesson times changing, upcoming events, horses for sale, etc.

Dec. 10, 2010, 01:45 PM
We started one a few months ago in hopes that all of our owners were FB users and we could post quick updates about what goes on around the farm and monthly photo albums of all the horses so it would limit the time I have to spend at the computer sending out monthly updates to owners. It turns out most of our owners are NOT FB users but we kept the page anyway because the one's who do use it have asked that we keep it up because they like it.

Dec. 11, 2010, 01:58 PM
we have one that i use for events, announce new arrivals, etc. and complain about the weather. lol it's a heat wave today!

Dec. 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Updates, weather, cute pictures (put owners name as tag), upcoming farrier, vet dates, etc.

You do need to be careful what you post. Check the Mice in the Grain thread on Off Course.

Dec. 12, 2010, 03:06 AM
We have one, and we use it for the latest tidbits of news, new foals, show results, sales animals and announcements.

It's been very successful for us, and I've made a number of sales because of the page.

You can see it here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Family-Partners-Welsh-Ponies/117801410870

It's a fun way to interact with people who are interested in what you are doing.

Dec. 12, 2010, 10:32 AM
Mine is http://www.facebook.com/pages/NC-Sporthorse-Cornerstone-Farm/332371542466?v=wall&ref=nf
Why is my link so long??
I don't find it adds much to things really. I just try to update it with interesting events.

Tamara in TN
Dec. 12, 2010, 11:09 AM
we have once for both the Cobs and the hay farm.
Himself gets a little offended when the horses take up
"his" space (not that he'd ever say that our loud of course)
so I made them separate

for the hay farm is pic heavy,people seem to like that...the horses
well, I don't post ever single burp or cutie pic as I'd be there all day :>

Tamara in TN

Dec. 12, 2010, 01:47 PM
Horses can be for sale, not for sell. :)

Dec. 13, 2010, 10:38 PM
We have a fan page - search TimberRidge Sporthorses [and 'like' us! ;) ] We use it to announce breeding selections, births, show results, and clinic feedback. Trying to build photo albums for each of the babies, too

Whitehedge Farm
Dec. 14, 2010, 02:11 AM
I love my farm facebook page!
It is so much easier and much faster for me to update than my website, and is a great way to keep in touch with buyers and owners of horses that I have bred and sold! Feel free to add me!