PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Farm Photos

shawneeAcres
Dec. 9, 2010, 07:42 PM
Just bought an AWESOME aerial photo taken by a company that flies over your place and takes pics. Will be getting a framed one but best of all, a digital image I can use on website etc!! It is SO cool, shows the entire layout of the farm, arena, barns, house, pastures so anyone wanting to board or bring a horse here for training etc can see EXACTLY what the farm looks like. It is SO clear you can even see someone in the round pen lunging, jumps in the arena, and the hay on the bed of my truck! Very exciting, got DH to buy it for me for christmas!!

horsetales
Dec. 9, 2010, 08:40 PM
They go door to door around here. DH is a pilot so I have shots from us flying over and wasn't tempted by their nice shots. Enjoy your photo

Mr.GMan
Dec. 9, 2010, 09:03 PM
We had a company that did this last year, we didn't ask them to do it, they just did it. I would have loved to buy it, but they wanted an arm and leg for the photo itself. But you are right, it is really cool. I could see where it would benefit your business. Especially being they caught folks "in action".

fitzwilliam
Dec. 9, 2010, 09:31 PM
My trainers bought 2 aerial photos of their farm and had them framed side by side for their father. One was from 1973 and one was from 2003, they got them from the USGS (US Geological Survey) and they were very reasonable. Your tax dollars at work! You may be able to get something similar from a local or state agency, just Google aerial photos of your town.

MistyBlue
Dec. 9, 2010, 10:56 PM
We don't get the fly-over photographer salesmen here very often.
We're so heavily wooded over such a large percentage of area that unless they take winter photos when the leaves are all down they only get shots of the tops of trees. Our properties are somewhere under the trees, LOL!
So not many buyers for pictures of trees.

I think a nice aerial photo framed looks smashing hanging up in the house though.

Alagirl
Dec. 9, 2010, 11:02 PM
I have one of my grandma's farm somewhere. it's not big but oh so cool, since it's from before the barn fire of the neighbors and it shows the original structure...

On the large print my uncle had hanging in his living room you could actually see the horses in the pasture! :)

Frank B
Dec. 10, 2010, 09:08 AM
Have you tried the Bing.com aerials? They're very detailed. Not as good as a contracted photographer would do, but still very informative.

Many areas have not been photographed yet, but their coverage is increasing.

ladybugred
Dec. 10, 2010, 11:13 PM
Google is pretty clear and crisp too!
I do get the attraction tho!

LBR