PDA

View Full Version : Gore Trailers

blazing24
Dec. 9, 2010, 08:38 AM
I am looking at purchasing a 2010 Gore 2 horse bumperpull trailer. Has anyone had any experience with Gore Trailers?

ERollison
Dec. 9, 2010, 09:38 AM
I just bought a 2010 Gore 2 horse bumperpull this summer. It has the 5 foot dressing room and the extra height (7'6" instead of 7'). Anyhow, I LOVE IT! This is my second Gore, I sold my 20 year old one this summer when I got my new one. I had been hauling my 20 year old one for 15 years all over the place. Jackson Gore is great to work with if you need extras or anything else. I had them put in a 3rd saddle rack in my dressing room and a second clothes rack as well, I also got a boot box in the front to put stuff in.

The new Gore trailers have a lot of upgrades from the older ones. My new one has all LED lights, a loading light, and the ramp is spring loaded and light so it can easily be picked up with one hand and when it is released it doesn't just fall and hit the ground. Also the latches are a one handed latch now, super easy to use.

Im sure if you end up getting the trailer you will love it too. My ONLY complaints are, since I got the extra height it is hard for me (5'3") to reach the tie rings for the hay bags, and I don't like the tie ring placement for the trailer ties (which is just me being nit picky) or the outside ties (again me being picky). Overall I am VERY happy with the trailer and my horses seem to be as well.

Who are you planning on buying it from?

GallopHer
Dec. 9, 2010, 10:19 AM
I've had my Gore 2 horse trailer with 4' dressing room for over 7 years. I love it! It has held up well and when I wash it, it looks nearly new.

The horses haul well in the trailer and it has plenty of room and ventilation. I love my dressing room and I get lots of compliments on my trailer.

Best of luck.

caryledee
Dec. 9, 2010, 10:22 AM
I know a lot of Gore owners and have never heard any complaints; everyone seems to love these trailers.

ayrabz
Dec. 9, 2010, 05:19 PM
I researched trailers for so long. Like I do now...looking on Dreamhorse for entertainment...dreaming, when I KNOW I can't have another. :)
Anyway. I had decided, that I wanted a GN 2 horse, with ramp, with dressing room, with escape door, windows on both sides AND in the top back door halves.
I knew I wanted NO door from horse portion into dressing room. I began to realize I liked a slant load (for many reasons) and liked the 'folding' back tack 'option' of having that area there, or putting your saddle rack in the dressing room, etc)
bottom line is: A trailer spot here had a Gore turned in on trade in, because they (the original buyers) had special ordered this one, and then found their horses were too 'long' (height was fine, but the slant load stall depth was too short for their big guys)..........so...this was a trade in/re sale. This trailer was structurally built so well, that the trailer dealership (who didn't carry or deal with Gore at all) were more than sold on this quality...and while they dealt with and featured 3 other makers, SOUGHT OUT Gore to carry their product.

I love this trailer!

trafalgar
Dec. 9, 2010, 05:32 PM
A woman at my barn has a 2H bumper pull Gore w/DR and she loves it. It is at least 5 years old and looks brand new; it appears to be very well built.

cutemudhorse
Dec. 9, 2010, 05:35 PM
I think they are well built and not hesitate to buy one if it was the right size/options for me. :yes:

ERollison
Dec. 10, 2010, 07:40 PM
Just for fun here are pics of my new 2010 Gore 2 horse with 5' dressing room. http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/cowgirlnclemson/Trailer/

frisky
Dec. 10, 2010, 09:22 PM
Very pretty trailer! Gores are good trailers that last a long time.

ERollison
Dec. 10, 2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks. I love my new trailer! I went from TX to SC just to get it!!! I had my last one for 15 years, I was its second owner, it was 20 years old this year. We sold it this summer after I got my new one. So now it is off to its 3rd owner and still going strong and in amazing condition.

HuntJumpSC
Dec. 12, 2010, 02:32 AM
I'm on my second Gore trailer now. I've only owned Gore & Trail-et in all my years having horses (except my first trailer as a teenager, which was a Hale).
This one was a one owner, purchased new by some clients of mine. When they got out of horses, they stored the trailer for several years, using it to move kids in a out of college, etc...it is a '97 all aluminum model, 2 horse straight bumper w/dressing room. It has mangers, which I know alot of people don't like, but I've personally never had a problem with them. There is a walk-through between the mangers to the dressing room, which I do like, and it has the removable/tie back top doors & ramp. I've had it going on two years and love it. It pulls like a dream, is well-built, and with the manufacturer just an hour down the road in Whiteville, NC, I never have to worry about where to take it if it needs service or repairs.
Gore trailers are very popular in the southeast, and hold their resale value well. If you do happen to find one for sale, it usually isn't on the market for long.
I'd recommend a Gore to anyone. They are good, safe, solid trailers and are built to last. :)