PDA

View Full Version : Ag Silver buckets?

Mali
Dec. 7, 2010, 08:41 PM
Anybody have the AgSilver buckets (anti-slime)? Since Smartpak is offering the 15% off, I was thinking of buying one (or 2) for my gelding. He's not a great drinker and even though I've not had any issues - I worry about him. I even feed him soaked alfalfa cubes at night just to get some additional water into him. I'm thinking that these buckets might be a worth a try with him.

horsepoor
Dec. 7, 2010, 09:24 PM
I have them although I am not currently using them (horses at home have troughs in paddocks and prefer them to buckets, then get heated buckets if it gets cold). I used the AgSilver buckets when I boarded and I did feel that my horses drank a little better from them, and they did seem to resist the slime that other buckets get. The only bad thing was the one horse likes to sit on his and did smush it enough that it cracked -- which makes you realize how much more expensive it is when you have to go replace it...grr.

SAcres
Dec. 7, 2010, 09:30 PM
I have one for my gelding. He also isn't a great drinker. After I started using the new bucket he did seem to be drinking more. I was happy I got it. :)

cyndi
Dec. 8, 2010, 08:42 AM
They were touted as one of the best products of the year in the latest Horse Journal magazine. Said they definitely promoted more water consumption. I am thinking about getting some myself.

Night of Songs
Dec. 9, 2010, 03:34 PM
Yes, our horses will drink out of these first rather than a regular bucket (although the stock tank is still #1 in their book). Slime buildup is almost nil. Impressive.