View Full Version : Darn drain-plug style tank heater

Dec. 6, 2010, 10:56 PM
the Allied Precision deicer, this one (http://www.amazon.com/Allied-Precision-2002DP--Icer-Drain/dp/B000BD5E02/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1291690444&sr=8-3)

has a little plastic C shaped disk that screws onto the cord, securing the tank heater snug in the drain hole, sealing it, making it all happy snappy.

I CANNOT find that darn thing anywhere.

I also can't find a resource for a replacement: any McGyver types out there able to help me out? What else could I use?

Dec. 7, 2010, 09:46 PM
I had a friend contact the company a few years ago because she misplaced hers as well. You can get replacements if you call them. When I lost mine, I went and bought another heater because I figured if the original heater broke, I'd need a replacement anyway. Of course, a few months later I found the original part and after 5 years, the original tank heater is still going strong:) Murphy's Law. So, if you want to find the part, go buy another heater...

Dec. 8, 2010, 01:31 AM
Just call the company, they will send you some for free. Last year I whined to them and they sent me 6! no postage fee either.


Dec. 8, 2010, 11:19 AM
Good to know! This is why we just replaced ours!