PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Cameras

sharri13
Dec. 6, 2010, 12:44 PM
Where can I find an affordable trailer camera? One with a camera inside for horse-viewing, and one on the back-side for viewing when reversing? I've heard you can find these for under $500 when you don't buy one marketed towards horses. Thanks!

PunkeyPony
Dec. 6, 2010, 01:10 PM
My friend purchased the camera that's in a license plate holder from a whole sale place (Like Cosco, BJ's) for $80, not sure if the screen was included - but he just put the license plate holder in the trailer - works great! Way cheaper than if you buy a camera meant for horses. (There is one on the truck too, for backing. There is a switch to go between the two views. I have no idea how you wire it all up, he did that himself).

Trakehner
Dec. 8, 2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.videosystemsbyjim.com/

I bought a wired system from here. Two cameras, one facing outside the trailer in back and one inside showing how the horses are traveling. Works great.

Wireless would be a lot easier than running cables.

Their price would be quite a bit under $500...their cameras are waterproof too!

cutemudhorse
Dec. 9, 2010, 08:12 PM
I have a camera setup from that guy ---- it's great! A color 7" monitor for the truck and the wires and camera was about $300 two years ago. The wireless model was more $ and less work but I had the trailer dealer install it for less han $200. At the time Jim 9from camera co) said that sometimes the wireless ones might lose the signal for short periods depending on the thickness/length of the GN walls to the truck cab. My trailer guy (Blue Ridge Trailers) thought it was a good system.