PDA

View Full Version : Banquet Door Prizes ?

justagreen
Nov. 18, 2010, 08:07 PM
Can anyone help me with some ideas for Door Prizes for our local H/J group's annual awards banquet?
We already give great prizes for the Champion and Reserve championship as well as ribbons through 5th place in all of the divisions, which are already on order (whew - big sigh of relief there).:yes:

I am looking for ideas or suggestions for Door prizes given throughout the night. For us, these are usually $30 to $50 items.
Also, this year we are doing "grab buckets" as centerpeices on each table. A bucket filled with multiple smaller items (think gloves and grooming items) for each attendee. I need one or two more "bucket" items, if you have suggestions there.

Thanks!

Aerial
Nov. 18, 2010, 08:24 PM
No suggestions, but I think I know you lol i'm just sayin...

Hunter Mom
Nov. 18, 2010, 09:09 PM
OOOHHH - I hope this is my banquet!

How about:
- Small gift certificates to area tack stores
- Hairnets
- Hoof picks
- Braiding supplies (if your circuit braids)
- Hand warmers since it's getting cold
- Boot socks
- Horse treats
- Gift cards for sonic or whatever is nearby a popular venue

norcalammie
Nov. 18, 2010, 09:39 PM
Sounds like fun. What about a variety of coupons - a class entry fee paid, a massage at a local vendor, a spa credit, dinner at a local restaurant, etc. Some could be done multiple times. I am sure you can think of things in your area that people would enjoy and you might get some vendors to participate in the cost.

Hunter Mom
Nov. 18, 2010, 10:08 PM
Don't forget the stall night at a show, too. Love that one!

justjumpit278
Nov. 19, 2010, 06:49 AM
How about those little purple nose shavers? You can never have too many of those!
Extra pairs of stirrup pads
Inexpensive jewelry (like an earring set from Walmart, etc)
You could do a few larger raffle items and stick raffle tickets in each bucket.

Wow, I wish I was going to this banquet!

DMK
Nov. 19, 2010, 08:35 AM
Our local association has barns put together (and donate) "theme baskets" - banquet attendees buy raffle tickets and about 10 baskets are raffled off during the awards (you just put your raffle ticket(s) in the bucket associated with the basket you like). Usually it's stuff like kids oriented pony grooming supplies, a wine basket for the parents, tack cleaning supplies, a snack basket for a horse show (chocoloates, crackers, wine, etc.) and so on. Last year I won a complete set of flowers for a jump course along with some potted plastic trees to decorate the standards - perfect timing since I was building new jumps and my old flowers were kaput. It's pretty popular - the baskets are supposed to be a $50 max but they regularly exceed it and you have to let the assoc know early you are doing a basket since the available "slots" go pretty quick.

I know another association gets $5 gift certificates from Dover and gives them out - they do support local associations with stuff like that (but this is thedressage and CT assoc and is a lot smaller thanthe h/j banquet, so not sure about the numbers). Net.Equestrian also has some 10% off gift certificates they used to give to the show associations. Those are both idea to pursue for gifts for everybody rather than raffle type things.

Life is Good 2
Nov. 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
Wow these are great stocking stuffer ideas and barn friends gifts. Thanks!

justagreen
Nov. 21, 2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks, everyone for your ideas and suggestions. We are always looking for new ideas and the baskets sound interesting for future banquets.
Keep your ideas coming!

Individualblue07
Nov. 21, 2010, 11:57 PM
check out www.modelhorsejumps.com

they have model sized horse jumps that make AMAZING gifts! The best part is that they can all be customized with names and even logos! Definitely worth looking into and they will usually stay right within your price range ;)