PDA

View Full Version : Draw Reins question

BetterOffRed
Nov. 18, 2010, 04:15 PM
I have some draw reins that I bought during some sort of shopping high. When I cam down off the high, I couldn't find the receipt and couldn't return. I've never even used them, never took the tags off.

Most of the riders I ride with don't use them. I went to a H/J barn and saw several riders there using them.

My question is, if I sell them on Ebay would it be okay to 'market' to Hunters/Jumpers or was that barn just an anomoly?

paw
Nov. 18, 2010, 04:54 PM
Don't know why you'd bother to direct your 'marketing' if you only have the one pair to sell, but yes - many h/j folks use draw reins as one of many schooling devices.

BetterOffRed
Nov. 18, 2010, 04:58 PM
I was going to add h/j/dressage in the subhead description line...didn't want to offend any possible buyers...and yes, only the 1 pair.

Ibex
Nov. 18, 2010, 05:11 PM
Keep in mind the length... I've seen a lot of HJ's use ones that attach to the breastplate instead of the girth (safer for jumping). I'd just list them as draws and leave it at that.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Nov. 18, 2010, 05:45 PM
Lots of H/J people use them. If they're black you may have more dressage interest, brown more h/j but as they're not used for showing most times (and if they are used in the ring matching probably isn't the chief concern at that moment) it won't matter too terribly much.

But I really had to say:

Ibex- Your signature line made me smile very wide just now. :D

Peggy
Nov. 18, 2010, 06:50 PM
My current HJ trainer uses them only selectively. Former dressage trainer used them on pretty much every single horse that he or his assistant rode. IIRC, I was the only client that rode without them. So, you could be missing a marketing segment by specifying HJ. And, yes, the HJ crowd tends to attach them to the breastplate so they should be shorter and have snaps on the ends.

my_doran
Nov. 18, 2010, 06:56 PM
i use the brown ones,but very,very seldom.like 5 minutes in one ride.then take them off.
i have seen the majority of h/j use them,but have seen even some western ppl use them,so really in my eyes are used not just for h/j.i would just advertise them as just draw reins.