PDA

View Full Version : Kick the Clouds and Rebecca Smith at WIHS

Ride Irish
Nov. 17, 2010, 09:40 PM
I am hoping to get in contact with Rebecca. I was reading my Chronicle magazine and as soon as I saw their picture at WIHS my mouth dropped to the ground. I think Kick the Clouds is a horse I owned as a three year old. His barn name was Batman and John Willliams trained and kindly purchased him from me when I found another horse that was more suitable for my total lack of inexperience at the time. Ellen, John's wife, sent me a lovely note that they had sold him to a girl up north. That would have been around 1996.

Nothing would make me happier than knowing he is happy and well taken care of

So if you know Rebecca or if, Rebecca, you are on COTH please contact me. You can PM, however, contacting me directly at koflanders@aol.com would be better.

Thanks for all your help.

Kim Flanders

shedllybip
Nov. 17, 2010, 11:02 PM
I think she rides with Patty Foster and Mary Lisa Nicholson at Rolling Acres ?

Ride Irish
Nov. 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
I have gotten the information I needed.

Thanks!

JBCool
Nov. 18, 2010, 11:02 AM
Are you going to tell us if it was him! (Please) :yes:

I have gotten the information I needed.

Thanks!

BAC
Nov. 18, 2010, 11:31 AM
So was it your horse?

Skeezix
Nov. 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
Story please?

Ride Irish
Nov. 18, 2010, 12:42 PM
I got Rebecca's email address and sent her a message this morning. I am waiting for a reply, but will update once I hear from her. I sure hope it's him since I have wondered for many years about him.

fordtraktor
Nov. 18, 2010, 12:46 PM
If not, contact Mary Lisa -- Kick the Clouds has been in her barn since the late '90s, if it's the same horse I recall seeing her ride around then. I know she had a Kick the Clouds at that time.

poloprincess
Nov. 18, 2010, 02:19 PM
fordtraktor "If not, contact Mary Lisa -- Kick the Clouds has been in her barn since the late '90s, if it's the same horse I recall seeing her ride around then. I know she had a Kick the Clouds at that time."

Rebecca's Kick the Clouds is an ex grand prix horse, Mary's I believe. So it would have definately been the same horse

JBCool
Nov. 18, 2010, 02:59 PM
Fingers are crossed! :yes:

Trevelyan96
Nov. 18, 2010, 03:06 PM
I think he's definitely the same horse Mary Lisa used to ride GP. I've seen him around for years up here in MD.

OP, hopefully he's the same horse. If so, you'll know he's been well loved and cared for for many years.

justdandy
Nov. 18, 2010, 03:12 PM
I think he's definitely the same horse Mary Lisa used to ride GP.

Rebecca's KTC is definitely the same KTC Mary rode in the GP's.

Ride Irish
Nov. 18, 2010, 05:53 PM
Ok now I am thinking it is not the same horse. Batman was athletic but no quite sure he was THAT athletic! Though, when he was young he was definitely a professionals ride.

Let you all know when I hear something.

baldfaceboyz
Nov. 18, 2010, 06:55 PM
I went to Ocala with Rolling Acres in the late 90's as a groom and "Silver" was her GP horse then and my favorite horse of their group. I remember lunging him and on the lunge he had one lead HE WOULD NOT take, I also remember a scary incident when he got cast under the pipe fence of those tiny turnout paddocks, I think I spent the afternoon in tears worried about him. Has been happily and successfully carrying around ammies for years since - NEAT horse !

Molly99
Nov. 18, 2010, 08:18 PM
I don't know if it helps or not, but Kick the Clouds, aka Silver, is a 1991 foaled TB. Becky purchased him from Rolling Acres when he stopped doing the grand prix classes. For Marylisa he was more of a lower level GP and speed horse than a "big" GP horse. He was and still is a great speed horse!!!

fordtraktor
Nov. 18, 2010, 08:39 PM
Is he really a TB? Wow, I'm impressed. I remember him looking very warmbloodish. He's a lovely, lovely horse and I'm always so glad to see them still going strong at 20. It speaks to the great care he's received throughout his career.