PDA

View Full Version : Pony Search Mission- Who knows this small pony????

Partridge Acres
Nov. 17, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hi everyone!

We are hoping that someone can help us out on our search mission...

We are trying to find some background info on our small pony (he is golden and million dollar worthy! :))

Here is what we can tell you:
- Small (~12.2 hands)
- Gelding
- Chestnut
- Blaze
- four stockings
- flaxen mane and tail
- welsh
- stunning mover- huge stride
- older (not sure exact age)
- sold to the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada area we believe around 2008-2009
- apparently came from big show barn (in Ontario)
- likely has shown (so fancy that should have been top pony)

Could have come from the States or shown in the States over the years.

He is a perfect pony. Lifts his own legs for hoof picking and holds them up on his own even for a 3 year old rider.

Opens his own mouth for the bit to go in.

Very well schooled- listens to every command with ease.

He does have a small cataract in his right eye (not sure when this happened- so may not have had this in the past). Has no effect on him, does not effect him at all.

He is sweet, and friendly.

We don't know which barn he came from or what his show name could have been. I don't know if he has papers but he might be registered.

We know they called him "Mickey" when he came to the Ottawa area.

If anyone can tell us anything about him or if you think you may have any leads or think you know a pony that sounds like him PLEASE contact us. We would LOVE to know more about him. He is so special

Our email is info@partridgeacres.com

Thanks so much :)

HorseLuvr
Nov. 17, 2010, 07:29 AM
It might help if you post some pictures of him! Good luck on your search!

Partridge Acres
Nov. 18, 2010, 10:15 AM
Here is a picture of him. We are still searching.

Okay picture is not up-I didn't realize it didn't post- coming soon!

sar2008
Nov. 18, 2010, 10:17 AM
There is no pic attached. You have to be a premium member to post pics. If you e-mail it to me, I am happy to post it for you :)

Partridge Acres
Nov. 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
There is no pic attached. You have to be a premium member to post pics. If you e-mail it to me, I am happy to post it for you :)

Okay thank you- I didn't realize it was not posted! I will e-mail it. :)

sar2008
Nov. 18, 2010, 10:25 AM
:)

Addison
Nov. 18, 2010, 12:10 PM
well he sounds as though he came from heaven! Congrats on your new little pony.

Skeezix
Nov. 18, 2010, 12:37 PM
What a lovely pony. I sure don't know him, but would love to hear the story of how you got him :)

Limerick
Nov. 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
I would edit your post and include "Ottawa Peeps" in the title. The Ottawa horse world isn't very big and there are folks from there that post on here.

I'll put the thread in my Facebook status too as I have quite a few friends from the Ottawa pony world. :)

Sugarbrook
Nov. 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
I love the pony!!! Maybe Daventry will chime in.

justjumpit278
Nov. 18, 2010, 03:53 PM
Well I sure can't contribute any information, but I can say what a CUTE pony!! :)

Sugarbrook
Nov. 18, 2010, 09:22 PM
Come on everyone, lets pull together and find out who this pony is. you know we can do it!!! Canadian peeps??

Summerwood
Nov. 18, 2010, 10:02 PM
Don't know anything about where the pony came from, but he looks and sounds adorable. Congratulations on such a lovely pony!!

Partridge Acres
Nov. 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone- he sure is adorable and a gem of a pony :)

We sure do love him! He is so easy to handle even the 3 year old kids can lead him, brush, pick feet and tack him up!

Addison- you just might be right, he may have come directly from heaven! haha

Limerick- Thanks for the help- we appreciate it. I think we have an idea of his history once in the Ottawa, Ontario area but we don't know anything prior to this point. I posted on COTH just in case he was around in the US at some point in his life (I also posted some Canadian/local boards).

Thanks for everyone's help thus far and your nice comments :)