PDA

View Full Version : Winter Shows within 3 hours of MA...WITH jumpers?

Punkie
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:29 PM
We're not going down to FLA until March this year and I want to get my kids out to some shows before we do so. I've got a great list of places that have the hunters and equitation, but I'm struggling to find anywhere with the jumpers. I don't even need it to be rated jumpers, just anywhere that puts together a decent course and I can get to in under 3 hours from the MA/RI line (395 corridor). Any suggestions?

goodmorning
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:39 PM
I think I'll be going to a Mount Holyoke show for a change of pace. Prize list seems 'fun.' Dislike winter showing as a whole, so good prizes are my only incentive ;)

Where else will you be showing, looking to mix things up a bit this winter...

hj0519
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:47 PM
Mount Holyoke has some. I think Stoneleigh-Burnham has a couple of winter jumper shows in January and February, too.

MHM
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:55 PM
I know in the past they've had some jumper classes at The Pines near Hartford. I haven't seen a prize list yet, but they have shows there all winter.

www.PinesFarm.com (http://www.PinesFarm.com)

RyuEquestrian
Nov. 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
Mount Holyoke College has some great schooling shows with Hunters, Equitation and Jumpers. They are located in South Hadley, MA.

LvdSprtHorse
Nov. 16, 2010, 04:26 PM
Does Mount Holyoke still do their jumper nights as well? Those were a blast.

kris578
Nov. 16, 2010, 04:55 PM
Westbrook Hunt club in CT has a winter series, very low key but they have a small jumper division. not sure if it would be what your looking for, but fairly close by

Hunter/JumperMom
Nov. 16, 2010, 05:33 PM
check out BHC management - ww.bhcmanagement.com but many are in CT

ForaSmallFee11
Nov. 16, 2010, 10:07 PM
Sweetwater Farm in Clinton CT
Mystic Valley Hunt Club in Gales Ferry CT

Joyrider
Nov. 16, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hi,

We have a Jumper Show this Sunday Nov. 21. All single round classes so the show moves along. Great prizes as always. Liverpool option starting in the 2'6" division. Go to www.mhcriding.com for more info.

Jumperprincess
Nov. 17, 2010, 05:49 AM
The Pines does not offer Jumpers-in the indoor shows