PDA

View Full Version : Pony missing after 10 day trial-Florida

Alter-ramma
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:00 PM
This was copied from FLsporthorse.com via facebook. I just thought I would put it on here incase someone knows anything...

Glenmore Hearts For Teddy is missing. He is (I think) somewhere in S. Florida. Teddy is a bay, gelding, 13.1 hands, 17 years old. He was taken by 2 local dealers to be sold or leased (only) to a Professional in the Lauderdale area for his daughter. The trial period was 10 days, which expired well over a month ago. The Dealers will not return my calls and I have no specific name of the Pro. I have learned (too late) that these people are a "bad bunch". Some of the having done jail time. Please help me bring Teddy home.
Add a caption
Glenmore Hearts For Teddy is missing. He is (I think) somewhere in S. Florida. Teddy is a bay, gelding, 13.1 hands, 17 years old. He was taken by 2 local dealers to be sold or leased (only) to a Professional in the Lauderdale area for his daughter. The trial period was 10 days, which expired well over a month ago. The Dealers will not return my calls and I have no specific name of the Pro. I have learned (too late) that these people are a "bad bunch". Some of the having done jail time. Please help me bring Teddy home.

Midge
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:29 PM
1- Who does the pony belong to?
2- When was the pony sent there?
3- Who are the professionals?
4- When did this happen?
5- If one knows anything, who is to be contacted?

Color me suspicious.

equidae
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:32 PM
How is anybody going to be able to help if you don't even link us to the ad? I appreciate the sentiment but I think we need more info ;)

Rivermeer
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:33 PM
The owner has posted this under "missing horses" on this forum.

Lynnwood
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:34 PM
Nov. 8, 2010, 09:07 PM
Glenmore
Training Level

Glenmore pony taken to S. FL
Glenmore Hearts For Teddy, a bay 17 year old gelding was taken to the Ft Lauderdale area by [edit] to be tried by one of her clients. He was to be sold, leased, or returned by October 23. This has not been done. If anybody knows the where the pony [edit] can be located, please contact me.

Copied from the missing horses/ponies thread. I doubt there is anything dubious about the op's post at all. Pony is clearly missing people are clearly looking for him.

Jsalem
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:40 PM
Name of the dealer?
Name of the pro?

findeight
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:48 PM
Not a bad idea to put it on here, I rarely ever look at "Missing Horses".

I trust the owner has filed a report with the police? If not? It's time, especially since owner has names even if she did not share them on here. File theft charges.

fair judy
Nov. 16, 2010, 01:08 PM
oh, NO betty fox is a great person. i hope you get teddy back.

MHM
Nov. 16, 2010, 01:53 PM
Is there a picture of the pony? Or at least a description of markings or distinguishing features, like scars?

"Bay 13.1 gelding" is pretty vague, especially if somebody decided to change his name.

I hope he turns up.

alliekat
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:09 PM
Glenmore Hearts For Teddy copied from FB. Hope they find him safe and sound.

REH
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:20 PM
where is the missing horse forum? i can't seem to find it!

MHM
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Alliekat!

It looks like he has a low anklet on the right hind. It's too bad the photo doesn't show if he has any markings on his face.

He certainly looks gleaming and handsome in the picture. I hope he is found soon.

Trixie
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:23 PM
It's under the announcements section instead of discussion forums.

What a nightmare - I hope all works out.

Coppers mom
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:04 PM
Oh, why do I have a terrible feeling that this is the same woman who's made off with a few ponies around here?

PM me their name. I may be able to sneak around and get some info.

alliekat
Nov. 16, 2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Alliekat!

It looks like he has a low anklet on the right hind. It's too bad the photo doesn't show if he has any markings on his face.

He certainly looks gleaming and handsome in the picture. I hope he is found soon.

Your Welcome :) And I agree hope he is found soon. My heart is breaking for him and his owners.

Beenthere
Nov. 16, 2010, 08:47 PM
The pony is not missing. Pony was being sold and in the process of being vetted when the owner made this claim. As such the vetting was halted and the pony has been ready for pick up since nov 9. There are two sides of a story but sadly one very upset kid. I personally provided the woman the contact number and she has failed to call. Please don't jump on this bandagon. There is nothing to look into. Appears owner stated sell the pony but it didn't happen as quick enough for her. Despite this she refuses to contact the person.

Beenthere
Nov. 16, 2010, 08:52 PM
And to set the story straight pony came october 27 to south florida. The 10 day trial expired november 6. Pony was being vetted nov 9.

Limerick
Nov. 16, 2010, 09:05 PM
Oh dear-I'm very sorry to hear there's a sad kid involved. Hope he/she finds a dream pony quickly.

Equsrider
Nov. 16, 2010, 11:11 PM
There are two sides of a story but sadly one very upset kid. .

Really Donkeyman???? Oddly, you did not have that sentiment with an earlier thread...

I hope for all involved, things work out, and the pony gets a nice home and the kid gets her pony.:)

Beenthere
Nov. 16, 2010, 11:47 PM
Equsrider....i won't go there with you.

Hate ME if you wish, these are serious allegations based on untruths and these things go viral and damage livelihoods.

So let's not hijack the thread

Timex
Nov. 17, 2010, 02:53 AM
Either way, a 10 day trial that was supposed to end Oct 23 or Nov 6, but the vetting wasn't scheduled till the 9th? If *I* send a horse (pony) out on a 10 day trial, that critter better be sold or on its way home day 11, not still waiting for a vetting. JMHO.

ETA: there are a heck of a lot more to 2 sides of this story. There's the owner's, the seller's, the potential buyer's, and that of donkeyman and anyone else who tries to get or claims to be involved. And no one knows what anyone else is doing, for certain. Yet another prime example of 'why to MYOB'.

Hunterlover
Nov. 17, 2010, 09:11 AM
I sent my pony without an agreement on a one week trial to a "friend". She and her significant other were looking for a pony for one of their students. I dropped my pony off for a one week trial. Three weeks later they offered me a little over 1/4 of the asking price. I said no and they proceeded to tell me my pony was not available to be picked up and that if I didn't give them almost $3000 cash I would not get him back. This was not in FL it happened in NJ. They told me I had to pay vetting, trainig board and board etc.. Be careful! I had to get the police involved.

Lynnwood
Nov. 17, 2010, 09:13 AM
Either way, a 10 day trial that was supposed to end Oct 23 or Nov 6, but the vetting wasn't scheduled till the 9th? If *I* send a horse (pony) out on a 10 day trial, that critter better be sold or on its way home day 11, not still waiting for a vetting. JMHO.

ETA: there are a heck of a lot more to 2 sides of this story. There's the owner's, the seller's, the potential buyer's, and that of donkeyman and anyone else who tries to get or claims to be involved. And no one knows what anyone else is doing, for certain. Yet another prime example of 'why to MYOB'.

^^ and if said critter is not on a trailer on its way home on day 11 there better have been a phone call in which we spoke "IN PERSON" not a "left a message" asking for my permission to extend the trial.

leilatigress
Nov. 17, 2010, 11:07 AM
I hope Teddy lands softly back at his owners.