PDA

View Full Version : Advice on another Bridle Question ...

RideandJump
Nov. 16, 2010, 07:52 AM
Has anyone seen or have the New Tad Coffin WIDE Noseband Bridle. I got my new Dover Catalog yesterday and it is in there. Looks lovely and of nice quality . Just wondering how it compares to others out on the circuit now. It is priced rather expensive so wanted some feedback. Thanks...

pattnic
Nov. 16, 2010, 09:59 AM
I would get some variation of a Harmohn Kraft wide noseband (Aramas, Americana, SmartPak) before I would spend money on the Tad Coffin one. Very overpriced, in my opinion.

I am actually quite pleased with my Edgewood wide noseband... and I was able to buy *just* the noseband to add to my bridle.

Equinoxfox
Nov. 16, 2010, 10:18 AM
So where did you find your Wide Nose Edgewood. :eek:
Did not know they made one. Yeah ...

BAC
Nov. 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
So where did you find your Wide Nose Edgewood. :eek:
Did not know they made one. Yeah ...

I think its fairly new, like within the last year or so that it came out. And I believe they make both a wide padded and a wide unpadded version. The Farmhouse always has a large inventory of Edgewood, maybe try them. Or Lauren of LaurensTackTrunk.com has very good prices on Edgewood and she can have stuff sent to you directly from the factory.

Lucassb
Nov. 16, 2010, 10:55 AM
I have never been terribly impressed with TC strapgoods, especially for the price.

Would definitely pick either an Aramas or Edgewood wide noseband over the TC. I have both (the Aramas noseband is raised but unpadded, and the Edgewood is the padded variety) ... they are really lovely.

MoonRiver5
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:18 PM
I have the Tad Coffin wide noseband (the Performance Bridle Extra) because I bought the laced reins with the rubber lining and wanted the bridle to match. It looks very nice on my horse but I'm not madly in love with it. I do love those reins, but I can probably find something else that will match them too. I'm happy I bought the TC bridle on sale, though I'll probably end up selling it on consignment to upgrade to something nicer (I like Edgewoods).