PDA

View Full Version : Tad Coffin TC2 Saddle?

REH
Nov. 15, 2010, 03:22 PM
I'm looking for feedback from those who have ridden in the newer, deeper seated Tad Coffin. I have an A52 that I don't ride in because it's a bit too flat for my tastes and I've heard good, though limited things about his deeper seated models and am contemplating trading in mine for the deeper seat in hopes that it might see more action. I've also heard they are a little narrower through the tree--not as wide a fit as the A52. I would be interested to hear more feedback than the limited amount I've been able to dig up.

FYI, here it is:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-15169&ids=141452779

Ray
Nov. 15, 2010, 08:20 PM
my trainer and my spouse each got TC2's this summer and really love them. both rode in an A5 for years. I dont think that they are narrower, as the A5 did not fit the new TB with real withers and the TC2 did. you should arrange to ride in a demo saddle....

REH
Nov. 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks Ray. Anyone else?

REH
Nov. 17, 2010, 04:53 PM
Anyone else?

spellbound
Nov. 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
I have one which I bought in June of 2009. I had difficulty finding a saddle that was comfortable for me and also fit a TB with very high withers. I got the medium tree for him and it fits well with mattes pad. I didn't care much for the TC pads.
Tad Coffin flew his private plane here to bring me demos and made recommendations while he watched me ride in it. My horse's way of going changed instantly in the TC2. Before trying the TC2, I could never sit his trot because it was so uncomfortable. He is able to relax his back and round his topline in the TC2.
I had tried the A5 before the TC2 and it was not as comfortable for me. I don't know the reason why. Although the TC2 is deeper than the A5, I'd still consider it to be pretty flat.
Before the TC2, I'd tried Devoucoux, CWD, Antares, County, Prestige, Stubben, Bevals, and countless others. After feeling how well my horse went in the TC2, I knew it was "The One".