PDA

View Full Version : No Gardnertown winter A shows for 2011??

ponymom64
Nov. 15, 2010, 11:43 AM
The usual December shows are still on the schedule but none of the A shows for January, February or March are there?

Anyone know if another venue will be picking up the dates??

Lucassb
Nov. 15, 2010, 04:27 PM
The usual December shows are still on the schedule but none of the A shows for January, February or March are there?

Anyone know if another venue will be picking up the dates??

They had a problem with the USEF on the 2011 dates and did not get the required license. (I understand the problems have since been resolved.) I think OSF was going to try to pick up some of the dates - but that's not certain yet.

They got the dates back for 2012, though.

ponymom64
Nov. 15, 2010, 04:42 PM
Well, that s*cks!! Hopefully, OSF (or another venue) will be able to pick up the dates otherwise it really screws the peeps who don't go south and count on these points.

Lucassb
Nov. 15, 2010, 04:58 PM
To be honest I cannot imagine that OSF would (or could) pick up TEN dates... but who knows? Certainly there are plenty of riders in the area who don't go south and who appreciate the Icicle Circuit.

Equino
Nov. 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
Pretty good chance dates will be picked up and kept locally...a few people have already submitted their names/location preferences...stay tuned!

STA
Nov. 16, 2010, 10:01 AM
At the same time the USEF had a problem with Gardnertown's payments, another person was fined and suspended for cruelty to a horse. I do not have all the facts from either case, but Gardnertown has lost their dates for the entire winter over money and the other person was set down for 3 months.
Horse mistake=3 months
Habitual late payments=more than 3 months
I am misunderstanding - the money offense is a harsher punishment than the horse offense?
United States EQUESTRIAN Federation?

Go Fish
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:23 PM
You guys actually show horses in Connecticut, in JANUARY?

Sheesh...I had to go turn up the heat just thinking about it. :lol:

Lucassb
Nov. 16, 2010, 01:03 PM
At the same time the USEF had a problem with Gardnertown's payments, another person was fined and suspended for cruelty to a horse. I do not have all the facts from either case, but Gardnertown has lost their dates for the entire winter over money and the other person was set down for 3 months.
Horse mistake=3 months
Habitual late payments=more than 3 months
I am misunderstanding - the money offense is a harsher punishment than the horse offense?
United States EQUESTRIAN Federation?

Penalties are assessed based on the facts of the cases at hand along with the rules that apply to the specific violation.

It is not reasonable to draw the conclusion that money trumps horse welfare without knowing the facts applied to the cases you cite above.

STA
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:25 PM
Penalties are assessed based on the facts of the cases at hand along with the rules that apply to the specific violation.

It is not reasonable to draw the conclusion that money trumps horse welfare without knowing the facts applied to the cases you cite above.

I find it extremely reasonable to conclude the lack of timely payment received a harsher penalty than being found guilty of an offense against a horse.

Are you suggesting the rules that apply to this specific violation should have a stiffer penalty than rules concerning an offense against a horse?

The facts I see, are violations concerning late payments versus a violation against a horse. My conclusion is the horse offense should always demand a more serious penalty.

Lucassb
Nov. 16, 2010, 09:52 PM
I find it extremely reasonable to conclude the lack of timely payment received a harsher penalty than being found guilty of an offense against a horse.

Are you suggesting the rules that apply to this specific violation should have a stiffer penalty than rules concerning an offense against a horse?

The facts I see, are violations concerning late payments versus a violation against a horse. My conclusion is the horse offense should always demand a more serious penalty.

You've already stated that you don't know the facts surrounding the two cases you cite:

I do not have all the facts from either case, but Gardnertown has lost their dates for the entire winter over money and the other person was set down for 3 months.

I am pointing out that unless you know the FACTS ... it is difficult to draw reasonable conclusions about the relative penalties assigned to the two cases.

Jumperprincess
Nov. 17, 2010, 05:05 AM
AGREE with Lucas B-if you don't know the facts please don't guess. USEF could care less who is put down for what when it comes to running a show-your grandma(if she is a usef member) could run a show-it is as simple as a membership number,a farm does not give up dates that easily!!!!!

myalter1
Nov. 17, 2010, 09:04 AM
All I know is that Gardnertown is habitually late in sending in M&S points....I just don't know why they can't get it together. I like showing there in the winter (back when i was a kid, we used to show in the old indoor, and stand in the aisle waiting to go.)

Just seems that they need some better organizational skills...

STA
Nov. 17, 2010, 03:24 PM
Lucassb, when I said I did not know all the facts, I meant I was not present when the rider abused the horse with a stick. He was found in violation that is a fact. The people running Gardnertown were found in violation for not paying the monies to the USEF in a timely manner, that is a fact.

I will state again, no matter how many times it happened, (late payments) losing their dates for a year and fined versus abusing a horse three months and a fine does not seem fair punishment when you are accessing penalties.

I guess I will agree to disagree with you on this topic.

smileyrileyxoxo
Nov. 17, 2010, 03:35 PM
I know people from Gardnertown and I'm pretty sure (although not 100% positive) that no one was charged with horse abuse and that horse abuse had nothing to do with with why they were suspended. Also, the money they did not pay was a very low amount that was just a discrepancy. And come on people, they do there own office management at shows and have a show basically every weekend... cut them some slack. And I'm not sure how late they send their points in, but whats the big deal? you should keep track of your own anyway...