PDA

View Full Version : The George Morris Chronicles

bhrunner06
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:33 PM
Well, I was offered the opportunity of a lifetime!!

After our last George Morris Clinic (Halloween weekend) here in Ohio, George told me to call him the next day. Talk about the most nervewracking phone call EVER! It took quite a bit of convincing to make myself actually push "SEND". George said he wanted to send me to Europe to ride and show for 6 months to a year!! Incredible! I was in shock! He said he would get it organized then call me back. A week went by and my phone rang...it was George calling me back. Another very nervewracking and surreal event. This time, he asked me to travel to Chicago and the west coast with him to all of his clinics (25 days total) to help him do some riding as needed. His words were: "I am getting too old to ride so many horses! I need help!" So of course I said YES! So now, I leave Thanksgiving day for Chicago, Sacramento, Portland, LA, and San Diego before returning home on December 20th.

Talk about an opportunity of a lifetime!!!! I still can not believe it!!!

He said we would discuss Europe in detail when we are together the next few weeks! I am very anxious to hear more about that. I told him I was game for 6 months...not sure I would want to go longer...I will miss my horses and family here!

At the request of many people, I started a blog to document my journeys! I thought I would share with you guys incase you would like to follow as well!

http://thegmchronicles.blogspot.com/

Thanks! :)

Eventer13
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:36 PM
Awesome! Congrats, that's a fantastic opportunity!!

SimonandGus
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:38 PM
Congrats! That is indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity!

snaffle635
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:39 PM
Wow! Congratulations!

I'm hoping to audit on Sunday of the Chicago clinic. Hope to see you there!

bhrunner06
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:41 PM
Wow! Congratulations!

I'm hoping to audit on Sunday of the Chicago clinic. Hope to see you there!

Thanks everyone!!

Snaffle, if you do audit, make sure you come say hello! :)

cwill
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:41 PM
Congrats!! I'm looking forward to your blog.

JAMO
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:44 PM
Wow! How wonderful. Congratulations.

MichiganHunter91
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:45 PM
Congrats! That's an opportunity not to be passed up. It must be a real honor for GM to invite you along as a trusted rider. It's great to hear good news in these tough times.:winkgrin::D

kaluha2
Nov. 14, 2010, 09:51 PM
Oh man the opportunity of a lifetime is right. I bet you are on cloud 9. So pleased for you. Enjoy---Enjoy and do not allow anyone or anything to get in the way of this opportunity.

Depechemode
Nov. 14, 2010, 10:09 PM
What an amazing opportunity, congrats! I'll be following your blog as well:)

PNWjumper
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:03 PM
What a fabulous opportunity! This makes me kind of tempted to drive down to Rich's to audit for a day this year :) I'm also looking forward to following your blog. Good luck and have fun!

SnicklefritzG
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:13 PM
Oh man the opportunity of a lifetime is right. I bet you are on cloud 9. So pleased for you. Enjoy---Enjoy and do not allow anyone or anything to get in the way of this opportunity.

Forget cloud 9. I think the OP has ventured well past the stratosphere by now. :D

snaffle635
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Snaffle, if you do audit, make sure you come say hello! :)

I will!

I have a stupid question...I have a very early edition of Hunter Seat Equitation and would love to have George sign it. Is that way beyond geeky????

MHM
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:31 PM
I will!

I have a stupid question...I have a very early edition of Hunter Seat Equitation and would love to have George sign it. Is that way beyond geeky????

I think he's happy to sign- at last he always seems happy about it.

OP, congrats! That's fantastic- have a great time! :cool:

amastrike
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:43 PM
Congratulations, that is incredible! I'm so happy for you I'm grinning! What an amazing opportunity. Just... wow!

hntrjmprpro45
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:49 PM
Wow, that is so incredibly awesome!! Not only will you get to shadow GM but you'll also get to meet tons of other top professionals. I'll be following your blog- I cant wait to heat about it!

Long Spot
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:54 PM
Holy WOW! What an exciting opportunity for you! I'm also excited to see you are keeping a blog.

Already saved to the favs list for reading.

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 15, 2010, 12:04 AM
!!!WOW!!! What an opportunity!! Have FUN, and I will definitely be following your blog. JEALOUS!!!

bhrunner06
Nov. 15, 2010, 06:20 AM
I will!

Thanks everyone! I am very excited and honored! But nervous as well! :)

Snaffle,
Yes he does sign books...but, to give you a hint...do a quick read of it, and highlight/underline important parts. He always hates when he is signing brand new books that you can tell have never been read. He likes a "well used" book best! :)

War Admiral
Nov. 15, 2010, 06:29 AM
Congratulations!! You will learn sooooooooo much. I look forward to following your blog!

kaluha2
Nov. 15, 2010, 06:30 AM
snaffle635:

This must be a Chicago thing---"I have a stupid question...I have a very early edition of Hunter Seat Equitation and would love to have George sign it. Is that way beyond geeky????"

I'm an old Chicago girl too. When he came to Camden SC I asked him to sign my old tattered book. You would have thought I was meeting God himself, not one of my sentences was coherent----I was babbling like a high schooler and I'm no spring chicken. He probably thought, "What a noodge".

OP: If you/he come back to Camden and I actually make the clinic if there is one this year, I'm sure you'll have to sit on my mare. LOL!

I just can't explain how happy I am for you and can't wait to read all about it!

VirginiaBred
Nov. 15, 2010, 06:49 AM
So cool! Really amazing. Congratulations!!!

Addison
Nov. 15, 2010, 07:24 AM
KALUHA..he'll sign it. It is a little geeky but so what. I would do the same thing.

To BHRUNNER...Congratulations. That is so cool!!!!!!

my_doran
Nov. 15, 2010, 07:26 AM
WOW! thats great ,congrats on the opportunity. would love to be in your shoes right now.

tidy rabbit
Nov. 15, 2010, 07:41 AM
:yes::):yes::):yes::):yes:

bizbachfan
Nov. 15, 2010, 07:46 AM
I am so happy for you, can't wait to hear about the plans for Europe. When we went to one of his clinics (audited) last year he signed books no problem, took pictures with us and ate lunch with us and was very gracious.
Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

jumpingmaya
Nov. 15, 2010, 08:07 AM
You already know- I'm one of your biggest fans!
Love the blog name and can't wait to hear ALL about it...
IF you do stay with him longer and come down to WP for the Horsemastership Clinic... Let me know, I'll be there :)

SO HAPPY and EXCITED for you!!!! :yes:

Anne

Big Day
Nov. 15, 2010, 09:17 AM
Talk about the opportunity of a lifetime! That must have been an amazing moment to hear him say that he wanted to work with you.
Congrats, you have joined a very elite club comprised of the best riders in the U.S.! So excited you will be taking all of along for your journey in your blog. Thanks for sharing this amazing experience with us!

Diva98
Nov. 15, 2010, 09:22 AM
Wow! What an amazing opportunity! Congrats ... and be sure to keep us updated on your adventures! Have fun!

Beenthere
Nov. 15, 2010, 10:02 AM
First of all, Congrats!!! Second, you should probably check with George to get his permission to do a blog. He is very quiet natured and may not approve of having a blog up of his (and your) day to day stuff or commenting on clinics with riders. Just a thought before you go to far with the blog.

staceyk
Nov. 15, 2010, 01:02 PM
You are living out what so many of us dream of! Congrats. If you do a blog I will read it every day for sure.

tenacity
Nov. 15, 2010, 01:06 PM
Congratulations!! What an amazing opportunity!

Hope to see you at the Chicago clinic! I am hoping to audit at least one of the days.

BTW, I had him sign a book for me a few years ago. It was kind of embarrassing, as I was a star-struck adult, but I am glad I did and treasure the book. He was very kind about meeting people at the end of the day.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2010, 02:08 PM
Be still my freaking heart! This is amazing! Congratulations! I will be book marking your blog and following along!

xxreddxheaddxx
Nov. 15, 2010, 03:44 PM
I AM SOO JEALOUS!!!! congrats this is a fantastic opportunity!!!

Life is Good 2
Nov. 15, 2010, 04:15 PM
He signed my book. Be ready, he asked what part I found most informative and helpful. Thank goodness I had reread it only 2 weeks before. I had purchased mine at Half Price Books and had never taken the sticker off. He told me I had gotten a good deal.

BAC
Nov. 15, 2010, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on this special opportunity. I'm sure it will turn out to be one of the highlights of your riding career.

I agree about checking with GM first before starting a blog.

kookicat
Nov. 15, 2010, 04:42 PM
Congrats!!

theblondejumper
Nov. 15, 2010, 05:19 PM
a) I am ecstatic for you and for this opportunity!! Way to go!

and

b) So glad you made a blog! Adding you to my Google Reader! :)

Best of Luck!

mojo7777
Nov. 15, 2010, 06:54 PM
Whoa, cool! I signed right up to follow the blog. Can't wait to see it unfold.

JGHIRETIRE
Nov. 15, 2010, 07:13 PM
Major congratulations!!!
Have fun and keep us posted with the blog!!

analise
Nov. 15, 2010, 07:21 PM
Like everybody else said: cool!

I linked to you on my blog (as that's where I keep up with all the horsey blogs I read). :)

Pirateer
Nov. 15, 2010, 09:00 PM
So excited to read!

c.harrison1
Nov. 15, 2010, 09:42 PM
Wow! What a compliment! What an opportunity! Please keep us posted and enjoy yourself :) oh yeah Congratulations!

redlight
Nov. 15, 2010, 09:49 PM
Wow, what an awesome opportunity! Enjoy every minute of it!

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 15, 2010, 09:55 PM
Superduper congrats!!

Thanks for the blog, can't wait to follow along with you! ;)

Running Fox Farm
Nov. 15, 2010, 10:10 PM
You are the luckiest duck ever!!! Speaking as one of the many who worship at The Master's feet, keep us posted. Oh what I wouldn't give to be in your field boots;)

Aliascml
Nov. 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
Congratulations! I am excited to read your blog. :)

bhrunner06
Nov. 29, 2010, 06:31 PM

Blog has been updated!!

Sundown
Nov. 29, 2010, 06:40 PM
great blog, thanks!! Out of curiosity, does GM still ride any of the horses or just you?

johnnysauntie
Nov. 29, 2010, 06:43 PM
BHrunner, I was there on Sunday - good demos of how to do it right - and not! Nice blog, too. I posted a recap with pics and video on mine as well. http://collectingtbs.com/2010/11/29/george-morris-good-enough-isnt-good-enough/ I was just visiting from dressage land but enjoyed the clinic enormously and learned a ton.

bizbachfan
Nov. 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
thanks for sharing and the vids :)

bhrunner06
Nov. 29, 2010, 07:17 PM
great blog, thanks!! Out of curiosity, does GM still ride any of the horses or just you?

I KNEW I forgot to put something in the blog...off to update it again.. OOPS! Yes he does ride still

justjumpit278
Nov. 29, 2010, 10:35 PM
Haha, can I throw in my old tattered copy?? Just kidding.
But congratulations, that is an opportunity of a lifetime. :)

theoldgreymare
Nov. 30, 2010, 11:46 AM
Congratulations! What an honor and brilliant opportunity for you!

Dakotawyatt
Nov. 30, 2010, 01:38 PM
SUCH an amazing opportunity! Congratulations:D I'm now following your blog!:yes:

WonderGirl
Nov. 30, 2010, 02:29 PM
Congratulations and thanks for the good news. A nice refreshing change to all the bad stuff in this world! I can't wait to read the blog. Best wishes for great success for you!

indygirl2560
Nov. 30, 2010, 04:54 PM
Congrats! What an amazing opportunity! You must be one good and effective rider for him to ask you to do this with him!

Phaxxton
Nov. 30, 2010, 05:35 PM
Late to this thread, but just wanted to offer my sincere congratulations!! What an amazing opportunity!

bhrunner06
Dec. 1, 2010, 09:56 PM
Updated again! :)

Polydor
Dec. 2, 2010, 06:00 AM
Not sure how i missed this thread when you first posted it! Massive congrats to you!

Just curious to how you came about being able to work for him or being asked by him?

Don't know much about him ( other then he is GOD ! lol) and i know he doesn't get up to Canada much. But he did give me his bouquet of flowers that the US team won at Spruce Meadows after the Nation's Cup one year. :D Unfortunately i didn't dry them or anything. lol

P.

Mtn trails
Dec. 2, 2010, 01:18 PM
Not sure how I missed this when it was first posted, but congratulations! What a great opportunity. My trainer, Patrick, is down at the Portland clinic; he was to be helping ride some of the horses too so you will meet him. Tell him Holly said Hi and I'll see him Sunday. :)

bhrunner06
Dec. 6, 2010, 01:32 PM
Mtn trails... Patrick was super nice and friendly!

The blog has been updated again! :)

Dakotawyatt
Dec. 6, 2010, 09:21 PM
Totally enjoying your blog! Thanks!:D

HuntJumpSC
Dec. 6, 2010, 11:41 PM
What a fabulous opportunity! Congrats! Breathe in every waking moment of it! :cool:

LovesHorses
Dec. 7, 2010, 12:12 AM
So you are Megan! Six riders from my barn, including my boss, Cara Anthony, rode in the clinic in Portland. I watched you on three of our horses this weekend. You did a wonderful job. I wish I had read this and known you like young ponies as I always love to talk fancy ponies. Congrats, you scored a great gig!

twinkle
Dec. 7, 2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for posting your amazing adventure in your blog. I am so jealous. I would give a months paychecks to shadow G.M. for 1 day ! I love his clinic. I go every year. What an wonderous experience . Enjoy.

bhrunner06
Dec. 13, 2010, 10:41 PM
I have updated my blog again! Sorry for not much detail on the courses this time...BUSY 6 days of clinics, so didnt have much time to blog!

http://thegmchronicles.blogspot.com/2010/12/see-ya-la-hello-san-diego.html

doublesstable
Dec. 14, 2010, 12:11 AM
Wonderful blog. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. You and George are awesome!!!!!

bhrunner06
Dec. 28, 2010, 08:09 PM
updated again after the last clinic!

IrishWillow
Dec. 29, 2010, 01:29 PM
What a fantastic opportunity! I'm very jealous!

bhrunner06
Dec. 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
one more update! :)

mepkkg
Dec. 30, 2010, 07:17 PM
I've enjoyed following your blog. What an amazing opportunity and good luck with your new horse search and your ponies :)

bhrunner06
Feb. 20, 2011, 02:04 PM
I have updated my blog if anyone wishes to read!

Brydelle Farm
Feb. 21, 2011, 10:15 PM
loff it!! ;)