PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Jimmy's bridle?

APirateLooksAtForty
Nov. 14, 2010, 03:57 PM
My favorite tack shop doesn't carry them :(

BAC
Nov. 15, 2010, 12:29 PM
I don't know if its the "best" place to buy them but this tack shop sells them. http://www.theloft-tackshop.com/horse.html

I think there is a website for Jimmy's 21st Century tack, I'm sure if you google it you will come up with something.

Here it is: http://jimmys-saddlery.com/

NeedsAdvil
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:04 AM
Jimmy's quality has gone WAY downhill, he contracts much of the work out now, and it's not consistent at all. I have an older Jimmy's bridle that I love, but when the reins recently got broken, my fave tack shop owner told me to replace with Edgewood or another brand (Dione?) rather than taking a chance on Jimmys.

Lucassb
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:15 AM
Jimmy's quality has gone WAY downhill, he contracts much of the work out now, and it's not consistent at all. I have an older Jimmy's bridle that I love, but when the reins recently got broken, my fave tack shop owner told me to replace with Edgewood or another brand (Dione?) rather than taking a chance on Jimmys.

Agreed.

The newer stuff is not made where (or how) the older stuff was.

I too have an older Jimmy's and it's truly stunning, but I've looked at the new ones (mine is old school, fancy stitched but unpadded) and decided to pass. They are just not comparable and for that price - IMO they really need to be very special.

If I could locate an older one that was padded, with a wide noseband, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but they are hard to find.

If you want a really nice custom bridle, try The Country Saddler's Legacy strapgoods. Pricey, but very nice quality.

If you don't need to go totally custom, Hadfields is always a popular choice. And of course lots of people like Edgewoods too.

nelson
Nov. 16, 2010, 09:44 AM
I just wanted to mention that I just bought a new bridle from Five Star Tack, and I am VERY impressed with the styling and quality:

www.fivestartack.com

I have to say that so far I like the Five Star better than either of my other bridles, which are an Arc de Triomphe and a New Cavalry.

APirateLooksAtForty
Nov. 16, 2010, 10:15 AM
Would go with Legacy, but they take FOREVER to get here.

Spud&Saf
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:42 PM

Probably Dyon...they make lovely tack :yes:.

NeedsAdvil
Nov. 16, 2010, 07:10 PM
That must be it, I knew how it was pronounced, but not how it was spelled. The tack store manager could not stop raving about it, and it's a very high end tack store that is used to carrying the best.

gottagrey
Nov. 17, 2010, 12:25 AM
I was going to also say the Loft at Meadowbrook Tack Store (apparently there is a loft at meadowbrook restaurant somewhere) and noticed on their website that the Jimmy's is $800 - I've not bought a bridle in sometime but I'm thinking $800 is a bit steep - especially if as some of the other posters have mentioned the quality is not as good as it used to be.

Hunter/JumperMom
Nov. 17, 2010, 10:12 AM
Our first bridle was a Jimmy's, it is now 8 years old and in great shape still. I purchased a "fancy" top of the line Jimmy's about 4 years ago, and it is not as nice, and in worse shape than the original. Something definately changed in how they are manufactured and the quality of the leather used.

Hunter/JumperMom
Nov. 17, 2010, 10:13 AM
I was going to also say the Loft at Meadowbrook Tack Store (apparently there is a loft at meadowbrook restaurant somewhere) and noticed on their website that the Jimmy's is $800 - I've not bought a bridle in sometime but I'm thinking $800 is a bit steep - especially if as some of the other posters have mentioned the quality is not as good as it used to be.

$800.00!!!! :eek:

That is more than the Antares figure 8 we bought with the running martingale! Which is a very nice bridle!!

bazinga
Nov. 17, 2010, 10:45 AM
I love the Dy'on stuff it is so awesome. Worth every penny!

www.runningfox.com they carry it

perfecta11
Nov. 17, 2010, 06:59 PM
Call up Ann K. Hubbards in Lake Bluff, IL. They've got a whole lot of older pieces of Jimmy's tack still left from before the bad batch of 2008. Otherwise, they've got two beautiful new bridles that are modeled after the original Jimmy's (before the diamond was removed from the center of the fancy stitching) that we've got a whole lot of at our barn and love. Each one is a different price point, both are lovely and look just as nice as our old Jimmy's stuff.

pinkme
Nov. 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
I second Ann K. Hubbards! I got my Jimmys from her and have seen the other bridles she carries.. very very nice!

Equinoxfox
Nov. 17, 2010, 10:04 PM
I totally agree. I went shopping for a bridle and The Jimmy's suck. The quality is horrible . I would rather get the Wide Noseband Edgewood now.
So much better and well worth it ... Shop around spend your money wisely.;)